Translate

Monday, January 31, 2022

New residents 01/31/2022

            Most of the residents in our neighborhood have been here for several if not many years. Yesterday, after my first wife had left me, (she went shopping and left me home alone), I decided to venture forth from the Homestead, to see if I could procure a, free cup of coffee” from the star coffee place. I had enough stars to get a cup free.

            Arriving back at the homestead, I parked the Ford’s ole Chevy and proceeded to the Ford’s ole rocking chair on the Ford’s ole driveway, where I placed my behind, and sipped on the free coffee. Life is good when the weather is warm, and I can sit outside. Photo to follow.


            Free coffee in hand, hat on to keep the sun off my ole head, and a smile indicating that even though it isn’t happy hour, one can still be happy.

            As I sat there, I noticed a couple who appeared to be moving into the neighborhood. As usual, I was observing what they were doing, but I tried to make it seem as if I was not interested in anything they were doing. The big ole sunglasses make it easier to observe but seem as if I wasn’t observing.

            It took about 15 minutes to consume the free coffee, and during those 15 minutes, I saw enough of this couple, that I decided to get my camera and take a photo. I did notice that they seemed to be watching me, as much as I was watching them.

            Having observant neighbors might be a good thing, that may keep the thieves and other bad people away. I did get a photo of one of the neighbors and I will post it.


            I find it odd, that no one wanted to live in the above house, when it was out in the back 40, but I move it to the front yard, and in two days it is occupied. Maybe no one wanted to live by the outhouse out back. Anyway, we welcome the new neighbors!

            Having little or nothing to do as I sat in front of the Ford’s ole computer yesterday, I decided to try on one of those good masks, the ones that actually provide protection. Getting it on is a little more difficult than the soft masks, but once you have it on it is comfortable. Photo to follow.


            I am demonstrating the proper use of a mask, and all you can see is the cowboy hat and a drawing of me hanging on the wall!             Why do I even try?     The hat is mine, the drawing was done by a fellow who worked at the New York distribution center, where I use to fill in as manager.

            The weather is nice today, enjoy it, the cold weather is coming again!

 

Love your neighbor as yourself!

            For that one person, the above comment is from the bible.

Senior retired person who provides free housing for some neighbors, Don the Ford

No comments: