Translate

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Winter in Texas 01/02/2022

            If you have read the title line you might have an idea that winter has come not only to the Ford Homestead, but to the State of Texas. It was a warm and comfortable day yesterday afternoon, if is freezing now. Yep, 80 yesterday 24 this morning.

            I did get outside yesterday and I removed the leaves from one flower bed, and I was able to get the acorns and other debris out as well. I will say it looked nice, and I have not gone out this morning to see how it looks now that the wind is blowing like crazy.

            I did venture forth to the front porch yesterday to do some reading, since it was such a nice day. When I read, I have a tendency to get sleepy after about 30 minutes. Photo of nap time to follow, and a photo of an unwanted visitor.



Molly kept insisting that I stay awake and show some affection by petting her. Bad Kitty!

            The photos were selfies, I wasn't really asleep, or was I?

            A neighbor came over and we talked for a while. Now I have some allergies due to the mountain cedar, my neighbor was coughing some, and he noted his wife was not feeling well today. I hope they don't have the virus.

            Another subject: we have a dog in the back yard! Now I know that you are going to say, you always have a dog in your back yard, and I guess that is true. This time the dog is the neighbor's dog. I first observed the dog in the back yard when he and Tres were running all around the yard chasing each other. After they had ran and played for a while, we called Tres in the house, and I opened the gate so the neighbor's dog could get out.

            10 minutes later he was back in the yard. I went to the security cameras for some review. I now understand that he squeezes through the old gate back at the ditch. The old gate has room between the gate and the fence post, I will insert a metal rod and hopefully fix that problem.

            Wouldn't you know it, I will need to go out in the cold and work today.

            It is now time for a second cup of coffee, so long! 😊

 

May the dog in the yard be your dog.

Senior retired person who has to go out in the cold, Don the Ford  

No comments: