Translate

Monday, January 24, 2022

Bird sanctuary 01/24/2022

            Back in the olden days, when I was a little children, we lived out at the edge of town. Down the road from our house there was a bird sanctuary, it was across the road from my friend’s house. To get into the sanctuary we had to cross the creek, and climb over a big hill, then we went down the other side of the hill, where there was a pond at the bottom. We never seen any people other than us kids in the sanctuary. We did swim in the pond at times.

            But the title line is not about the olden days. The bird sanctuary I am referring to today, is in our back yard. I was sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker with a cup of coffee in hand when I started noticing birds flying over me. After several groups flew over, I decided to turn around and see what was going on in the back 40. It looked like a bird sanctuary, there were birds everywhere. I guess they were after the bird seeds and after the water in Tres’s water pan.

            A little later I decided to turn the sprinkler system on, and it only took a little while for the birds to come to the front yard. There must have been close to 40 black birds getting into the sprinkler water. It has been dry and the birds need the water too.

            The following comment has nothing to do with the bird sanctuary, but I made a bird house Sunday. I had enough scrap wood to make one house, without having to purchase anything. I made it for a lady who works at the lawyer’s office. I have given her bird houses in the past, and she said they were all full so she needs another. Photo to follow.

 


 
            Maybe I ought to leave it hanging in my tree, and you are correct, I do nice scrap wood carpentry. 

            I also swept the garage out after building the scrap wood bird house. The floor looks a lot better now. 

            It is supposed to rain today, if we don’t get enough rain today, I will let the sprinklers run Tomorrow.

            I talked with a neighbor today, I asked if he was ok. He said he was and asked why I was asking. I noted that he came home on Friday and parked in his driveway different from usual. I said we did not see you come or go Saturday, so I was worrying about you. He noted that he did not feel-good Friday when he came home, and he did park different than normal. He said he has been resting all weekend. He said he didn’t have the virus.

            I need to get ready to take the kids to school, and a coffee would be good.

Come on rain!

Senior retired creator of wonderful, scrap wood bird houses, Don the Ford

No comments: