Translate

Friday, January 21, 2022

Too cold to do anything 01/21/2022

            To me, it was too cold to do just about anything yesterday, and today will be the same. I did get the grandees to school safely and on time yesterday, thank goodness the Ford’s ole Chevy warmed up for the drive.

            I had hoped to stop by the teller machine and get our $5.00 stipend yesterday morning, after dropping the kids off at school, but as usual, they were three people at the teller machine, it was open and I had no access. I have noticed that they do this almost every morning, I guess they are restocking the machine with money.

            I did mess with my ole computer yesterday, I moved some files around. I also went through some old notes, by that I mean, notes on paper. Yes, ole retired people can still use a pencil and paper. I was looking for a plan for a bird house. I was impressed with what I found, there was 5 different plans, for 5 different bird houses.

            I found plans for other things such as, the time out meditation chair. That reminds me, a couple days ago when the weather was nice, there was an adult and two young kids riding their bikes down the street. As they rode by, I heard one of the kids say, “There is the time out chair”. That made me happy, someone saw, and acknowledged my work.

            As to the plans, I have old plans for many things, even the kids ole fort, which was built years ago. Maybe I don’t throw things away.

            We kept the heat lamp in the cold house, on all day yesterday. We do plan to turn it off today as we are supposed to have some sun light today.

            Did my favorite wife and I sit outside yesterday afternoon, nope, but we did go to the restaurant for a small supper yesterday. The food was pretty good, the service was kind of slow, they did not have a lot of servers working when we arrived. We were almost done eating when a couple were seated about 6 feet away. The female was coughing occasionally, so my favorite wife and I masked up and headed out.

            I had a gift card that we had used once before at the Cracker store, so I used it to pay for the supper. The card still has 17 cents left on it.

            I need to start thinking about getting ready to take the grandees to school this morning, I will warm the ole truck up before they get here. Kids don’t notice the cold as much as us ole people do.

            I do have plans for the day, I hope to stay inside!

Cold, this too shall pass!

Senior retired person who wore that old sweater most of the day, Don the Ford

No comments: