Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Where did it go 02/01/2022

            Nope, I am not talking about the warm weather, as it is still here. Speaking of the weather, we are only about 20 degrees above normal this morning (54 degrees). I believe this warm weather is a very good thing, as we are being told the bad weather is coming tomorrow night and the rest of the week. With the warm weather we now have, the ground and streets will be warm, and that may be a big help when this sleet and freezing rain arrives.

            I have an eye doctor appointment Thursday morning, and that is when the ice and freezing rain is said to be here. I will stay at home, if the streets are slick.

            Topic modification; in past posts, I have explained that odd things have happened here at the Ford homestead. Example, the clock in the garage starting by itself, after not running for at least half a year, and it was on day light saving time.

            Well, I have a different situation to tell you about, and that is a potato disappeared from the Ford’s ole garage. Before you ask any questions, a potato is important to us! As you should know, we are on a fixed income, and every potato is an important part of the Ford’s menu.

            Where did the potato go? We don’t know. I have the Ford’s ole motion detecting camera in the garage and we know the potato was there at 11:00pm, the next morning at 5:00am the potato was gone, and the camera did not detect any movement in the Ford’s ole garage.

            Could it have been a ghost or spirit, we don’t think so. Why would a ghost or spirit want a potato? Ghosts and spirits don’t eat, do they?

            Subject alteration; I had taken the Tres for a walk yesterday afternoon prior to going to get the Alex from school. As I was beginning our walk, two of the ladies who live on this block were completing their walk.  Tres and I stopped and we exchanged greetings with the two ladies. During this conversation, the subject of the newest resident came up. They asked if I have spoken to him lately and I said yes. They noted that I had suggested to him in the past, that he could sit outside in the afternoon and neighbors would probably come over and meet him. These two ladies noted that he has not sat outside.

            I then explained that he sits out back with his dog most afternoons. I explained a couple more details about the man, he has family near Huston, he was married at one time but that did not work out.

            To make this story shorter, I was there talking with the two ladies about 15 minutes, which meant the Tres and I did not get to take a long walk, due to the time spent conferring.

            Altered topic; we did get a little rain yesterday, and I mean a little, as it did not show up in the rain gage.

            Before that one person asks, allow the Don to explain, what he thinks caused, “The disappearance of the Ford’s potato”. I think it was a mouse. I think the mouse was too small to activate the motion detecting camera. I have ordered mouse traps. We don’t want to put poison out, due to the possibility that a mouse might eat some and die, then one of the cats might have the mouse as a snack.

I had placed the small potato on the floor, and positioned the camera to watch the potato.

No, I don’t think it was a ghost, although, it might have been!

 

Mouse or Ghost?

                        You can decide.

Senior reporter of the odd, and maybe paranormal, Don the Ford

No comments: