Translate

Saturday, January 29, 2022

It’s snowing! 01/29/2022

            No, it isn't snowing here in Hewitt, TX, it is snowing on the north east coast. I hope all of them got prepared for this storm.

            Guess what, we have plans for the day! Ha ha, we get to do something other than sit at home, nothing to do, having the TV on, and not watching it. Senior retired people just don't have fun things to do, like you real people do.

            What? Don't get in a hurry, I am composing this article, and I will decide when I want to enlighten the reading public.

            Now I am ready! Our son Patrick had a birthday yesterday, he is now old enough to drive "or" have an adult beverage, not both at the same time. Patrick and Karla are coming up today and we will go out to lunch to celebrate his birthday.

            Dave, Claire, Gabi and Alex were going with us but Alex having had the virus kind of change that. We will take Alex and his family out next Saturday.

            Topic alteration; what did the Don do yesterday, other than sit around? To be honest, not much. I did, after lunch go out and water all three of the black berry beds, and then the flowers in the Ford's old kind of warm house. The wind was blowing, and it was not comfortable standing out in the open, with cold water flowing through the hose. Yep, ole retired people are tough! 😊

           After completing the watering task, I allowed myself to go get gas in the Ford's ole Chevy, and then a cup of hot coffee from the star coffee place. Later in the afternoon I went and picked up Gabi from school.

            Let's convert the topic; almost every time I am working outside, I hear a plane that sounds like Sky Kings plane. Now depending on one's age, a person may not know who or what Sky King was. Back when I was a little person, Sky King was a TV show about a rancher who flew an air plane. The plane was a twin engine plane, and the sound it made is the same sound this plane that flies over the homestead makes. Yep, that is another ole memory.

            Maybe you should not get old, there isn't much to do for ole people, when the weather is cold.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I think I will watch some ole black and white cowboy TV shows this morning.

Hope you have things to do!

Senior ole person, finely with something to do, Don the Ford

No comments: