Translate

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Bird residence 01/26/2022

            If anyone would have read some of my previous postings, they might know that I had recently built a bird house for a lady friend, yes, my wife knows her. I had placed the new bird house on a hanger in a tree just to get it out of the way until time to deliver it.

            Now we all know how observant ole seniors are, and I am no exception, I noticed a bird entering the new house, checking it out. I then thought of keeping the bird house, as a residence, allowing said bird to claim it as a homestead.

            Well, I was in the back 40 doing some work yesterday, when I decided to take a bird house, that had been hanging in a tree for a while, without any birds taking possession, and bring it to the front yard. I had to climb up a ladder to get to the bird residence, which seemed to be about 20 feet high, and I carefully removed it without falling to the ground. I do have a photo of the ladder, tree, and residence.


            If one looks closely at the residence; they might see that the wood dowel that goes just below the hole in the front of the residence is missing. Actually, it was on the ground just below the residence. I took this residence and reinserted the wood dowel with some glue, and then relocated it in the tree where the free scrap wood bird house had been previously located.

            Now I have a bird residence in the tree, which we will keep, and I will still take the free scrap wood bird house to the lady on Thursday. It is amazing how things work out here at the Ford’s Homestead. 

            Subject change; I did take the Ford’s ole Chevy to get the oil changed yesterday. I did learn something during the process. They asked me to get into the vehicle and start the motor, which I did (they do not get into the vehicle). When the motor started a message popped up stating that the hood was open. Now I had never seen that message before, the hood was wide open and easy to see, I think that would be good if it works with the hood mostly closed, but not secured shut.

            Not good news; Alex our favorite grandson has tested positive for the virus. He has been home bound Monday and Tuesday, and will need to stay home from school the rest of this week. He can return to school next Monday. At this point the rest of the family are symptom free. He and his family have had both shots. Since his sister, “Gabi”, has had both shots, she can go to school but she is required to wear a mask. Gabi and Alex have been wearing masks at school all this year.

   May my day be filled with Love and Kindness, ok, your day too!

 

Smile at least once today!

 

Senior retired person who is on a different schedule, Don the Ford

No comments: