Translate

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Helping others 01/04/2022

            Yesterday morning, while it was a cool 20 degrees out back, I noticed that there were many doves on the Ford’s back 40 bird bath / watering hole. These white wing doves were thirsty, but the water was frozen. I decided to attempt to help by taking some water out to the watering hole.

            Filling a one-gallon container with H2O, I ventured forth from the warmth of the homestead. The first thing that I noticed after leaving the security of the Homestead was, the frigid temperature. Then, as my body attempted to adjust to the cold, I noticed the small water bowl which I keep on the back patio next to the door, was not frozen.

            I continued my excursion heading way out there to the birds watering hole. Naturally, all the birds evacuated the area seeing this threatening human, struggling to make it through the cold weather to the watering hole. Finally, after what seem to be hours of walking, I arrived at the watering hole. There was, as I had thought, ice in the watering hole. I carefully poured the gallon of water (which by the way weighed 8 pounds, and this ole senior retired person carried it all the way out there) onto the ice in the watering hole.

            One gallon of water on the ice was just enough to fill the watering hole. I then struggled to get my ole body back to the Fords Homestead, and went to get warm at the fire place, no, wait a minute, I did not stand by the fire place as we do not have fires in the fire place.

            I went to the window over the kitchen sink, and looked to see if the birds had returned for a sip of water. The grackles (big black birds) had already arrived and were enjoying the refreshing water. There were doves attempting to get a drink, but the grackles were trying to keep them away. Eventually, a couple doves were able to get their drinks, which caused other doves to return, for a thirst-quenching drink.

            You are probably correct, I am a good person for providing water, without charge, to the birds at the Ford’s Homestead! They said thank you to me by fertilizing the flower beds and black berry beds.

            Alternative subject; my first wife began removing Christmas decorations yesterday morning. One of the trees that was in the TV room has been taken down, and I moved it to the garage. Removing the decorations from the tree, and then properly placing them in containers, is one heck of a job, which my favorite wife is good at.

            I was allowed to go out front yesterday and removed 97% of the Christmas decorations. I have placed them in the garage, I have rolled up the wires and they are in a box, I took the manger apart and carried the parts out to the Shed. I have not yet removed the lights from the house.

            At some point in the next few days, I will be required to bring the cartons and totes from the shed so these items may be repacked, and then I will be required to take them back to the shed. When I place these Christmas items in the shed, I put them to the back, then I put the fall items in front of Christmas, then I put the easter / spring items in front of fall. That way I do not need to move everything until it is needed.

            Also, yesterday I did go and get a couple breakfast burritos, and I got a hug from my favorite wife!

            In tomorrow’s posting I will ask, “Ghost or spirit?” That is called a “tease”!

 

Normal is good!

Senior retired person who works too much, Don the Ford

No comments: