Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2022

To be delivered 01/27/2022

 

            So, does that title line mean the Don is to be delivered, and if so, delivered from what? Wow, now that I have considered the word, "delivered", the thought came to me that we no longer have, "Paper boys", who deliver our newspapers. Heck, most of us don't have a newspaper.

            Now before that one person begins their ranting about me using the term paper boy, and not using paper person, I don't care that someone does not like any terminology which has a word describing male or female, that person can use any terminology that they like, and I will do the same.

            Now back 65 years ago, when I was a "Children", my friend, who was a boy, had a paper route. I would often help him deliver the papers, even though I did not get paid. If you are old enough you might remember how the paper boys folded the papers, and they would throw them at the front of the house, as they rode by on their bike, yes some of the paper boys walked as they delivered the paper. There were times when they had to roll the paper and not fold it, because there was too much paper to fold. I can only assume there may have been some paper girls at times, but I never knew of one.

            The title line has nothing to do with paper boys or delivering newspapers.  It had to do with me, planning to deliver the scrap wood bird house to the lady, and yes, my wife will be there. Yep, we are scheduled at the attorney's office later this morning, to sign some papers, and that is where the lady who gets the scrap wood bird house works. We may be required to pay some money too. 😐

            I did work out in the back yard yesterday; I was able to move a little dirt and I placed a couple cement blocks, so that I could have the hose reel sit on them. I also descaled the coffee maker yesterday, and it seems to be working properly now.

            Our son Dave has his vehicle in the shop today, so I might need to go pickup Gabi from school this afternoon if he doesn't get it back in time.

            I probably need to check the bird food and see if they need more food. The scrap wood outhouse, which is where I put most of the food, is leaning. I need to put a longer screw or two in it to keep it from being destroyed. The squirrels get on the feeder and eat the bird food. Tres caught one of the squirrels the other day and was attempting to eat it. Yes, it was dead, and we did get it away from him.

            Well, I don't have anything else to present at this time, so I might get a cup of coffee, and relax in the Ford's ole recliner for a while.

Calm down, you will be happier!

Senior retired person who is not delivering newspapers, Don the Ford 

No comments: