Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

It seems foggy 01/25/2022

            Did you even see the title line, he asked? Now the first thing that probably came to mind was, the retired ole senior's brain must be foggy this morning. Well, that is true, his ole mind is always foggy, but that is not what the title line was addressing. It is foggy outside this morning and the fog is due to the nice rain we had yesterday.

            Speaking of rain, the Waco airport received ¼ inch of needed rain yesterday. Here at the Ford's Homestead, the rain gage indicates ½ inch of rain. I noticed that the rain and freeze control unit had the sprinklers shut off. Wow, it works, even after this ole senior person adjusted it.

            Well, I did not take the grand kids to school yesterday, as Alex was not feeling good. Yep, that messed up my ole senior person's schedule for the day. With nothing to do I decided to attempt to get new windshield wipers for my first Wife's ole van. The cheapest wipers cost more than $22.00. My present wife will now need to go out at night to go through neighbor's trash cans, and hopefully find some aluminum cans to sell, or we will not be able to eat this week. I brought the wipers home, and I installed the first one. It was too easy; I should have known there was a coming problem.

            The second wiper did not want to stay on. It was as if the metal part was too big. Heck I even read the instructions. I gave up and put the old wiper back on.

            Then, a few minutes later, I again attempted to install the new wiper. They say, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, is a sign of insanity, or, "an ole senior person who is silly, not crazy"!

            As I had tried several times, I finally heard a snap, did it lock in place? Wow, I am not insane, I am just a silly ole grandpa! 😊

            If you keep trying the same thing over and over, expecting a different result, sometimes you get it! In other words, ole senior people can be lucky too!

            I did drive all the way into town yesterday and made a purchase of an adult beverage.

            Well, I don't get to take the kids to school again today, so I could go to the star coffee place and get a cup of real coffee.

 

Be safe, happy and blessed!

 

Senior ole retired person who is silly, not insane, yet, Don the Ford              

No comments: