Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Sounds of rockets 01/11/2022

            Anyone who lives in this area knows about the sounds of rockets. There is a company about 10 miles away that test fires rockets. Depending on the wind, the rocket tests can be fairly quiet, while at times they are literally shaking the homestead. These test fires can be from 5 seconds to 30 seconds long. The test fires would be difficult to live with, if one lived within a couple miles of the test site. I have a photo that reminded me of the rockets.


                                                           

            Looking at the photo, might make you happy that you don’t live within 10 miles of a rocket test firing site.

            We use to occasionally hear sounds of explosions, again depending on the winds. These explosion sounds came from Fort Hood. I have not heard any of these explosions sounds of late.

            Topic change: I walked out to the trash container with a small bag of trash yesterday morning, and I noticed a delivery truck at the neighbor’s house. Not wanting to be seen as being nosy, I went back into the homestead and turned on the security cameras, then I enlarged the view from the camera that looks over our front yard. This camera also has a view of their house. from inside the homestead, I was able to be nosy without seeming to be nosy. They got a new refrigerator, or it could have been a freezer, and placed it in their garage. 

            It is good to be able to see things without the neighbors knowing I see them. 

            Since no one asked, I should not explain, the photo is not of a rocket firing, at least I don’t think it was. It was a jet plain that came from the horizon and appeared to be going straight up. Rocket motors are fired west of our homestead, they do not go up into the air; the photo was taken east of the homestead. 

            Well, I have ordered some dirt and cow manure, in bags, so I can start to fill in the areas around the new porch. There will be a lot of work needed to get everything the way we want it.

            I wrote most of this yesterday, so I now have nothing to do, it’s coffee time!

you are special, to me!

Senior retired ole person, who is happy that you are special, Don the Ford

No comments: