Translate

Saturday, January 1, 2022

First of 2022 01/01/2022

                  It is the first day of the new year, so I say, “Happy New Year”!

            Do you have a hang over, I do not? We here at the Homestead started our celebration early yesterday afternoon. It was about 4:30. I opened the Christmas present bottle of adult beverage and made a drink.

 


My favorite wife and I headed out to the chairs on the driveway, where we reclined and enjoyed the quiet afternoon.

            Yes, that is the way we party, here at the Ford Homestead. Libation and conversation until time to eat supper. One might say we are party hounds!

            Speaking of food, my wife of more than half a century is preparing a meal for our good luck. We have black eyed peas and salt pork, which is what we used to have back in Missouri on the first day of the new year, to give us good luck all year.

            Last night after a couple adult beverages and eating supper, I went into the bedroom to watch some TV. As I was attempting to find something to watch on the TV, I was hearing a sound that was something like someone hitting a tire with a hammer. I would hear three or four hits and nothing for a minute or so, then the sound was repeated. I wondered what my neighbor might have been doing. Later in the night I learned that the sound was from fireworks that must have been off at a distance.

            I did learn something yesterday afternoon. I saw what was known as a woolly worm in our back yard. When we lived in Missouri the old gentleman who lived next door to us explained, if you see a woolly worm and it is a light color that means a mild winter, if the worm is a dark color, it means a cold winter. I have a photo of the woolly worm in my yard.


            The worm is black, what kind of winter will we have?

Sleep might help a hangover!

Senior retired person who does not have a hangover, Don the Ford

No comments: