Translate

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday or Fun Day 01/16/2022

            For that one person out there, and we all know who you are, it will be a Fun Day. Yes, that one person likes football, and there are football games on today. For the rest of us, we will be home alone, maybe with a cup of coffee, and we will stay inside because it is cold outside, we can watch some black and white TV shows. You should not expect a visit, or even a phone call, from that one person, they will not be able to pull their body away from the TV during Fun Day

            There was a photo of me in a previous posting. I was asked by a reader if I was ok, this person noted that I looked like I did not feel well in the photo. I explained, I am 74 years old, that’s why I look that way, I am ok.

            I was watching the 3 stooges yesterday, that is something I usually do late Saturday afternoon. They usually have 6 shows in the two-hour period. The first and the fourth were basically the same. They evidently had cut some small parts out, and put a couple different comments in, hoping to make the fourth seem to be a different story, it wasn’t different. Feeling as if I were let down, I then turned the TV off and went into the other room with tears in my eyes. Heck, when you think about it, every one of their TV shows were basically the same, they get hit in the face, poked in the eyes, and there are pies that get thrown.

            Yesterday, I was allowed to leave the homestead for a few minutes, I needed some gas in the Ford’s ole Chevy, and I got a cup of coffee from the Star coffee place. As I started for home I was mentally complaining about the price of their coffee, although I do not consider getting a cup from there, as spending my money, since I usually receive a gift card or two and use them to purchase said drink.

            On the way home I stopped at the local chicken place and got two small chicken meals which cost almost $20.00. Do you know how long it takes for me to save up $20.00? It takes a long time. Yes, the chicken was good, and there was enough left over that I had it again for supper.

            Topic swap; my present wife has been looking for some 15-watt light bulbs. You know, regular bulbs not the LED bulbs. She has been commenting on not finding them, so I decided to help. I went on line and ordered her some 15-watt regular bulbs, they will be here Tuesday.

            The wind was blowing super hard yesterday, there were limbs blown down in the neighborhood, not here at the Homestead. Now I had put bird food out in prep for the up coming cold weather. One of the feeders is hanging on a rope which is about 10 feet down from the tree limb. The wind was blowing that feeder around like crazy. I assume that most if not all the seeds were knocked out on the ground. This morning, I have seen Tres go out to that area, and run the black birds off. Tres don’t like the black birds for some reason.

            Well, I wish there was something to write about, but there isn’t, so I got to go!

May your coffee be hot!

Senior retired ole person who needs a hot cup, Don the Ford

No comments: