Translate

Friday, January 7, 2022

Calling for help 01/07/2022

            As you may know, we had a plumbing leak at the hot water tank. I called the plumbing company that we have used several times in the past and they said, “We can schedule for Monday”. Let’s see, that would be 5 days from then, without water, that might not work. I explained that we had the water to the house turned off, he said he understood but it would be Monday. I think I then said, if I could turn the water off at the heater, to stop the leak and have cold water in the house, we could live with that. Monday is the first appointment, he noted.

            After speaking with him, I felt as if he did not care at all that we were without water. It would have been nice if he would have shown some concern for our situation.

            I then called another company, Mike Staas Plumbing, and this person said he could get someone out here tomorrow. I noted that we have no water as it is turned off at the curb. He asked where it was leaking, and I told him, he said he would have someone come by after lunch. I noted that if we could cut the water heater off from the water supply, and have cold water, we could live with that for a while. This fellow seems to have some concern for our situation. It felt much nicer talking with him, than the first fellow.  

            I will attempt to keep you informed of any progress.

            Let’s change subjects; how about clocks again. Yesterday morning as I sat at this ole computer attempting to enlighten you, the reading public, I glanced up at the clock, which is located above my desk, and slightly to the left. It became apparent that it was not keeping time accurately. The second hand would move for a minute then stop and then attempt to move again.


            I had not previously considered how often I look at that little clock, but it is very often. I did replace the battery in the little clock, and it is keeping time.

            Alternate topic; as I was in line to drop Gabi off at school, we drove over a speed bump as usual, very slowly. As the back wheels passed over the speed bump, I heard a noise as if someone had bumped into my rear bumper. Later I was able to examine the rear of the Ford’s ole Chevy and found the end gate was down.

            Now that is odd, because Wednesday when I stopped at Alex’s home, as we waited for his dad, Alex and I were at the back of the truck, and I tried to open the tail gate, but it was locked, or it seemed to be locked. Now the next day it opens by itself, odd! 

            Odd seems to be the normal for now at the Ford’s homestead.

            They talk about stress increasing during these times with the virus. Try not having water in any sink, you can’t wash the bowl you just used when eating cereal. You go to the faucet to get a drink to take a pill, nope.

            Just thinking about this is stressful, and not knowing when it will be back to normal, increases the stress. Heck I might need to take a nap, just to un-stress!

 

            Update on water heater; the plumber called about noon and came to the house. To make a long story short, he could not stop the leak, and he replaced the water heater.

            This fellows name was Roy, and he did an excellent job. We are thankful for people like him. My wife noted that the other plumber could not come for 5 days. Roy said, “when someone is without water, we try to give them a priority appointment”. 

            We were blessed with a good plumber!

                        You reap what you sow, more than you sow, so be nice!

 

HOT Bath time at the Ford’s!

 

Senior retired happy person who can now flush the toilet, Don the Ford

 

 

Donald Ford           NARBNL

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

Click below for the Blog experience,

 

www.first-consider-this.blogspot.com

 

No comments: