Translate

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Not a politician 01/19/2022

            The title line might indicate that I have a political comment to make, I don’t have, but it is a comment that can be political. Wow, then do I have a political comment? Wait and see!

            Yesterday, I commented on schedules being back to normal, whatever that means. I did get the grandees to school on time yesterday. And returned home to be with my favorite wife. As we sat there in the TV room not paying any attention to each other, the TV was on, which block normal communications. Suddenly, the phone rang and my wife answered it, then she handed it to me. Who would be calling me at 9:30?

            Reluctantly, I took the phone and said, “hello”. A female voice said, “good morning Don”. Who would be calling me and starting out with a comment like, “Good Morning Don”, only some one who wanted something!

            This female voice continued speaking, while my wife who was sitting across from me, was giving me the stare. The female ask a question, can you come and see me this morning at 11:00? My wife, who was still looking at me could not hear this female asking me to come and see her.

            I thought for a minute and then I said, yes, I will come at 11:00. I immediately got out of the Ford’s ole rocker and headed for the shower. I would need some clean clothes too. I was cleaned up, had the clean clothes on in about 30 minutes.

            Yes, you guessed it, the dentists wanted me to come for my teeth cleaning at 11:00 yesterday, instead of today at 9:00.

            When I arrived at the dentist office, I informed the female at the desk, “This early appointment caused me to have to brush my teeth a day earlier than planned!” she looked at me and said, “Well, I am glad we called you”!

            Ok let’s change the topic; yesterday as the Alex and I was driving home from school, we were having lively conversation. Alex noted that he was a thief and he had stolen a lot of money. I said you can get in trouble for being a thief. He said he has killed numerous people, and I noted that he could be put in jail for that. He said he could make a lot of money doing those things (I hope you know he was talking about computer games he plays).

            We had the truck radio on and there was a comment about the president, so I said, maybe you could be a politician, and Alex responded quickly and with a loud voice, “NO I would never be a politician!”  That caused me to first laugh that he was adamant about politics, then I thought, even kids don’t want to be politicians!

            Well, that is it for today’s lessons in life, have a good day!

Theft, murder, politics!

Senior retired person who enjoys talking with the grandees, Don the Ford

No comments: