Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Almost got there 01/18/2022

            Almost got where? We will get into that later, but first I would let you know, that we are back on the normal schedule today. Wow, I just thought, normal schedule today, it changes tomorrow when I go to the dentist. Yep, it has been six months since my last visit. They seem to always be glad to see me, I guess they need my money!

            Yesterday, the weather was nice enough to allow me to get outside and work. Well, I call it work. I raked more than two thirds of the yard, trying to remove as many acorns and acorn tops as possible. In doing so, I also get any dead grass or leaves that were there. The trash container is now half full of debris. I have a tool that I have used for years, and I have even posted a photo in the past. A neighbor came over and talked to me and he commented that he liked the tool I use.


            The tool is an ole trash can that use to be in the Ford’s ole kitchen many years ago. This tool, has a flat side, and when laid down on the street or in the yard next to debris, one can use either a broom or a rake, to push the debris into the tool. I prefer using a broom to push the crap, I mean debris into the tool.

            I have a couple hours work today to complete the raking, and I need to replace a sprinkler head. As you can see, ole retired people work more than those who are still employed.

            Subject change; as I was completing my overwhelming workload yesterday, I was carrying rakes, broom and tool from the street to the garage, when I noticed something on the driveway. It was a penny, and it was heads up!

            Many years ago, when my favorite wife and I were starting life together, if we found a penny heads up, it always seemed to bring us good luck. I do not care if you believe in good luck or not, the heads-up penny worked for us.

            I do have a theory about the good luck if you are interested, if not stop reading now!

            Ford’s theory: “If one believes, anything is possible! Where have you heard that before? A believer, finds a penny, and they believe it will bring them good luck. Maybe they needed a new chair. Believing that the penny is good luck, they make efforts to get the new chair. In other words, they start working toward the need, believing they have good luck on their side.  Believing, causes them to work toward their need.

            Believing and being positive about anything, makes life better!

Be positive and believe!

Senior raker of the yard and storyteller, Don the Ford

No comments: