Translate

Monday, January 17, 2022

Grand kids here 01/17/2022

            The grand kids will be here today, so that usually means, “Chicken Noodle Soup”! as I understand it, Alex likes the chicken noodle soup, so Granny makes it for us. I like it too, but Alex is the key to getting the soup.

            Yesterday, the weather was fairly nice, so I went out and raked some of the debris from the front yard. There are so many acorns and acorn tops in the yard, that just walking in the so-called grass is uncomfortable. I plan to possibly rake more today, after it warms up.

            Due to the warm weather, and the fact that the sun was shining brightly, my favorite wife and I took a couple cups of coffee, and went out to the ole driveway, were we relaxed and enjoyed some quiet time. 

            Well, I guess if you are a Cowboy fan, you did not have a “Fun Day yesterday”. Now I am a naturalized citizen of Texas, and as such, all Texas citizens are required by law, to watch at least some of the Cowboy’s game. When I turned the TV on the score was 10 – 0. In a short period of time the score went to 13 – 0, then 13 – 7. At that point I thought they might have a chance. As the game progressed, I stopped watching and began watching “Funniest home videos”, it was much more interesting.

            The funniest home videos lasted one hour, then I switched back to the game and watch the last minute. The Boys lost!

            We had pork chops for lunch yesterday, and I had them again for supper, they were good both times. After the evening repast, I am allowed to carry any trash out to the trash cart. While I was in this process, I noticed that the moon was full, so I took a photo.


            The view of the moon is looking down the Fords ole driveway. After taking the photo and wishing I had a phone with a better camera, (we could afford either pork chops, or a new camera, we chose pork chops) I then pushed the trash cart down the drive and placed it on the curb of the street.

            I kind of assume the grand kids might want to take me to the star coffee place this morning and let me buy them drinks. If so, I will need to warm up the Ford’s ole Chevy.

May your day be blessed!

Senior ole person who needs a coat and coffee, Don the Ford

No comments: