Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2024

March 30, 2024

            What? Its Saturday again. Didn’t we just have a Saturday a couple days ago? This is crazy, how many Saturdays can we have in a week? OK, let’s get started, good morning to you and your friends, we hope all have a good day and good weekend. You should remember that Easter is not just for easter eggs, it does have a more important meaning, and it will affect all of us!

            As you can see, the Don made it through another week of doing nothing. Now that you know what I haven’t done, allow me to tell you the one thing I remember doing. I did review the front yard for new oak trees. I did not find any, I assume that being mowed twice they may not want to come back up, but we will keep an eye on the yard.

            You know I said I did nothing yesterday, but it seems as if I might have done something, if I had done nothing why would I be tired and have some sore muscles. Ok, ole people don’t have muscles, and we don’t remember everything we do. It seems as if I got the Fords ole string trimmer out and put some gas in it. I think I tried to start it and it was acting crazy as usual. If I could remember, I probably decided to fix the old unit (for that one person who knows we have the other gas-powered trimmer that Alex likes, but I did not get it) and if I repaired the ole unit, it would have started, almost like a new unit.

            If I could remember, I probably headed for the ditch out back and first reviewed the area for fire ants. Locating the mounds I would have begun the trimming process. If I could remember I would probably say the weeds on this side of the ditch averaged about a foot tall. If I could remember I probably ran out of string and had to refill the trimmer with string, which would have allowed me to rest a few minutes.

            If all the above happened, I would probably have gone back to the ditch and continued trimming. Being an ole person, if I would have finished the trimming on the close side of the ditch, I would have taken a break to get some water and rest the ole body before going to the other side of the ditch. I would have likely sat on the front porch drinking the bottle of water. As I rested, I might have thought, I could water the flowers in pots here in front of the house while I am resting. I would have gotten the hose and provided water to all the potted plants.

            After that rest period I might have gone to the back yard thinking I should get to work on the other side of the ditch, but not being focused on the work ahead, I may have decided to rest a little longer and water the potted plants in the back 40. Wow, another 20 minutes of rest! I would have likely taken a photo of a blooming flower that I had sprayed with water, while I was resting.

            There is a good chance that I would have gone to the ditch and found a way to get over the mud and water at the bottom of the ditch, and then began the weed trimming. If that would have happened the weeds on the other side of the ditch were 2 to 3 feet tall, and it would have been a difficult task to knock them down.

            Probably if all that would have happened the Don would have put the equipment away and headed to the homestead for a shower. Likely as he finished his shower his favorite wife would have returned home from her shopping. She would have been commenting on the fact that everyone was out shopping, there were few parking places, and that she finally found all the items she was looking for.

            Things that I remember happening yesterday: my favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon and enjoy the quiet time.

            Well, another nothing day has passed, we hope your day will be memorable, that you have fun and please stay safe.

Can’t remember?

Senior ole person who may start making notes, to help remember, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: