Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

March 5, 2024

            Allow me to wish you a good morning from the Ford homestead. We hope you had a good day yesterday and a better day today. As Tres and I ventured out of the house this morning into the front yard there was a smell of a skunk. Now we did not see the skunk but he / she was somewhere in the area.

            Let’s see if the Don has any real plans for today. The Don needs to start working on his bible study homework for next Monday, and my favorite wife might take me to town with her. Other than that, no real plans.

            I was surprised when I woke up this morning, to fine that the lawn sprinklers had ran. Now I had the controls on Manual, but even on manual if it is the scheduled time for them to run, they run.

            What did the Don do yesterday, mostly I supervised, but I did remove the Poopa-Loopa from the back 40. Both of our favorite grandkids were here, and they both worked in the yard. Gabi fertilized the front yard, she removed leaves and sticks from the back 40, and she used the walk behind mower to mow the areas that are difficult to get with the riding mower. She also made friends with a Moth, photo to follow.


            Alex used the string trimmer to weed eat the front and back yards, he helped me replace a sprinkler head, photo to follow, and he used the riding mower to mow the back 40.


            The grand kids were properly compensated for their work with a free chicken noodle soup for lunch, and some cash.

            We got a lot of work done without me doing too much, although I did pull a few weeds from a flower bed. I have a photo of a white rose sticking its bloom through the fence.

And I have a photo of Molly, as she seems to be doing better, she is not hiding all the time and she seems to like to be petted again.


 
            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have another good day, that everyone stays safe, and that we are all nice to at least one person.

Yardwork supervisor.

Senior ole person who needs to get away from this computer, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: