Translate

Friday, March 29, 2024

March 29, 2024

            Is it Fry-day again, what will you be frying today? Oh, I will stop trying to be funny, even though most ole people are funny, and I will say good Morning to you, but not to that one person who is mean to us ole people.

            It is Good Friday; we hope you take the time to consider the meaning of Good Friday.

            Let me comment on a subject, expectations; now this is a very simple comment that we all should consider. Something that has happened time and time again, and we assume (ass-u-me) that it will continue to happen, but since no one said anything about the event, some could be unsure if it would happen.

What is the event, one might ask. It is Easter dinner at the parents’ house.

4 days before Easter one son asks his dad, what are you doing for Easter? The dad said we are doing what we always do, your mom is getting all the necessary things together for the Easter dinner. The son said, we had not heard anything, so we were not sure if it was happening this year, is my brother coming up for Easter. The dad said, I assume he is coming but I have not asked him.

That afternoon the dad called the other son to see if they were coming up on Easter, and he said he had not even thought about it, and yes, they are coming up.

Sometimes we get so use to the same thing happening, that we forget to even discuss it, as we assume everyone knows it is going to happen. We should talk about usual things, and also ask questions.

Different topic: will the Don do anything today, or will it be another day of nothingness for an ole senior person? I have thought that I might attempt to remove weeds from the ditch behind the homestead. Assuming I will get started on this project I will need to be very watchful for the fire ants. The ditch is covered in weeds even though half of it has been trimmed I think twice this year. The ruts in the bottom of the ditch make it difficult for an ole person to navigate without falling. It is tough for ole people, we have to do all the work and we have to be careful when we are working. Do you really think ole people can do two things, “work and be careful”, at once.

The kids are out of school today so I will only need to get Dave from work.

My favorite wife and I did go out for supper last night and returning home we did sit outside for a while. The weather was good and the quiet time was nice.

I did get my book about Revelations yesterday, and I hope to get some time today to start reading it, but I still need to do my bible study homework and I do still read from the bible daily,

Well, I hope that is enough words for the day, please be safe in all you do, think a couple positive thoughts while you are doing the daily chores. 

Weed eater cutter.

Senior ole person who has done nothing and is already tired, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: