Translate

Friday, March 15, 2024

March 15, 2024

            From the Ford’s homestead we wish each one of you a happy Friday and a good morning. I know I have talked about this in the past and I will probably talk about it in the future, the bird out back of our house was making noise all night last night, and when I open the back door to let Tres out about 5:30 this morning, the bird was still at it. I am sure this fellow or lady bird did not get any sleep last night, every time I woke up I could hear him / her. Hearing the bird in the house means it is very loud.

            Topic swap: what did we do yesterday, well, my favorite wife was literally on the ground in the front yard yesterday for most of the day. She had decided to pull weeds which led to also gathering dead leaves and acorns from the flower bed. I did almost nothing, I did ride the Fords ole riding mower all around the back 40, I did get the Fords walk behind and mow the areas that I could not get to with the rider, I did go get my hair cut, I did get a free cup of coffee at the star coffee place, I did finish the back 40 work using the string trimmer when I arrived back home after the haircut. I did get the kids from school and that ended the work for the day.

            My favorite wife and I went to the cracker store for supper yesterday, there are no crowds on Thursday afternoon at the cracker store. The food was good the service was also good. Back at the homestead we did sit outside for a while, trying to rest our ole tired bodies.

            Today: I need to pick up some of the acorns and caps that my first wife raked into a pile yesterday. I would like to get the flowers out of the hot house today, but some are very heavy so I will see if I can get some help from Dave.

            We did not get any rain yesterday, but we are supposed to get some today, but I haven’t seen any yet. If I could drive the Ford’s ole Chevy in the rain, I could accomplish two things. One, the rain would wash the green pollen off the vehicle and two, I could use the windshield wipers in rain for the first time. I have had them for a couple weeks and haven’t used them yet.

            We would like to have a couple flower pots that sit on the driveway, put on rollers. That would allow an ole senior person to easily move them into the garage during bad weather. The harbor store has them on sale this week, so I might be allowed to go shopping at the store.

            Odd event: when we sit outside in the afternoons the Tres is also out there but on a lead. There is a squirrel that will hang out on the neighbor’s tree and tease Tres. The squirrel will come down out of the tree run toward the driveway, Tres will jump up and bark at him, the squirrel will run back to the tree. This will happen several times every afternoon. I had just looked at one of the security monitors and saw a squirrel run from the tree to the edge of the driveway, stop, turn around, and run back to the tree as if Tres was barking at him. Tres was inside so possibly the squirrel was practicing his run. 

            Ok, I guess I should do something even if it is wrong, we hope you do the right thing and as always, please stay safe, productive, happy and be nice to me I mean someone.

Squirrels bad!

Senior ole person who don’t want to work but might work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: