Translate

Monday, March 25, 2024

March 25, 2024

            We have the start to another day here at the Ford’s homestead. It is raining this morning and has been raining on and off during the night hours. Maybe I should say, it is still dark outside so even though it is supposed to be morning, it is still night. There is some thunder and lightning going on but we are not supposed to have any severe storms. Oh, I almost forgot, “Good Morning to all”.

            As I look at the security cameras, it appears that the rain is now increasing. I am glad we had our yard man over Sunday to mow the yards. Alex is getting better at all the work. Heck we even put together the string trimmer that I had purchased about a year ago. I found it on sale, so I bought it as a back up to the ole trimmer that I have had for several years. The ole trimmer works but it is hard to start, the new trimmer starts easy.

            We did have breakfast with Alex and that was good, we made it home after eating and he took off doing the work. We had a slight problem with the battery power tire pump, the battery died. I was allowed to help by using the leaf blower to get the grass out of the street. I think it took about 2.5 hours including putting the new trimmer together.

            We have no special plans for today, the rain keeps us inside. I may take some clothes to the cleaners, and I will attempt to get the kids home from school, we do have bible study this evening. It does not look like a busy day.

            I did review the black berry beds yesterday and it appears that we may have a good crop again this year. There are blooms open and many buds coming on, and the stickers are very sharp.



            The first photo is from the number 3 bed, the second is from the number one bed.

            I guess I will stop for now, we hope your day is filled with goodness and please stay safe in all you do.

Stickers await.

Senior ole person who says ouch a lot when dealing with the berries, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: