Translate

Friday, March 1, 2024

March 1, 2024

            Good morning to you, we hope your day is starting well for you. We have a cool start to the morning but it is supposed to get up to the 70s today, and warmer tomorrow. I am waiting for the grand kids to arrive this morning, Claire has to go to work early to get all the payroll records and month end stuff completed, so she drops them off here and I take them to school a little later.

            Let’s see if the Don did anything yesterday: my favorite wife and I did go out for breakfast yesterday, when we do breakfast on Thursday, we do not do supper out. The food was good and we had pleasant conversations. It was about 10:00am as we were eating breakfast, when a fellow came in and sat at a table about 20 feet away. He ordered a beer at 10:00am, I thought that was a little early, and I don’t think he ordered food.

            Back at home I took it easy for a while then I decided to get out back and remove the debris, aka small limbs left over from the tree trimmers. I raked an area into a small pile, then another and I continued until the area had all been raked. During this process I found dog droppings at various places in the yard. Dog droppings are also known as, “Poopa-Loopa”, which I removed before I picked up the piles of debris. Finishing the back 40, I ventured to the front yard and there are still a few sticks that need to be removed but, being tired I decided I might wait until today to remove them.

I did not get the grandee from school yesterday; their mother was able to get them. We did not sit outside yesterday as it was too cool for a senior person. We did have a little rain yesterday, but it wasn’t much, so I ran the lawn sprinklers in a couple areas that have flowers.

Today: Gabi, Alex and I went to the star coffee place and procured a drink for each of us. We then went to the burrito place and ordered 3 breakfast burritos. Arriving at the pickup window they only had two burritos ready, so we had to wait for them to make the third burrito.

Back at the homestead we devoured the burritos and ingested our drinks before heading off to school. I did get them to their schools both safely, and before starting time, then I returned home and started entering this data into the Ford’s ole computer.

Other than getting Dave from work and the kids from school today, I don’t have many plans for the day. I do want to clear the front yard of any debris later today. I will probably be allowed to get the easter decorations from the Ford’s ole shed this weekend, so my favorite wife can distribute them throughout the yard. 

The kids have a spring break next week, and I now understand that the bible study also has a spring break next week. Wow, bible study just like being in school. Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a nice day while you are being nice to that one person, and try to be safe today.

Nothing doer.

Senior retired person who is happy he has nothing to do, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: