Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2024

March 28, 2024

            Well, we made it to another day, and we hope it is a good day for all. As usual, I have nothing to enlighten the public with today, so I will just say have a good day, and I will halt my data entry process, changing to a take it easy time with a cup of homemade coffee.

            I will not comment on Easter coming this weekend, or that there is a religious meaning to Easter. I did ask Alex yesterday, he is now 14 years old, if he was excited about hunting for some Easter eggs? He quickly responded with, “no”. I ask, “why not, you use to be excited when it came to hunting for easter eggs”? Alex just gave me the look, you know the look, it says without a single word, “are you crazy?” I continued driving him home and the rest of our discussions did not include Easter eggs. I did learn that school is out this Friday and I do not need to get the kids from school, so what will I do, ole people have nothing to do.

            I did attempt to do a couple things yesterday; one was to get gas in the Ford’s ole Chevy. Since I was out and about, I thought I would get an expensive cup of real coffee, which I sipped on during the rest of the morning episode. I did stop at the teller machine and got the $5.00 stipend.

I then drove all the way into Waco, yes, it is a long trip of possibly 4 or 5 miles. It was about 10 minutes after ten o’clock when I arrived at the Booz Emporium, no that is not its real name, and I knew that the lady who run the place usually opened the store at 10:00am. The store was not open, there was a delivery truck sitting there waiting, the lady arrived, the drive through window bars were still locked shut, I decided not to wait so I headed for home with tears in my eyes and no adult beverage in the truck with me.

            On the way home I decided to stop and get my clothes from the cleaners. I did make it back home just as the cup of real coffee was depleted.

            I did walk through the front yard looking for the oak trees popping up, I did not find any but I assume they will return.

            It is a bit warmer this morning than it was yesterday, and we should get to the low 70s this afternoon. We did get to sit outside yesterday and enjoy the quiet with no TV. One would think that leaving the TV off would be an easy task, but just having the sound of the TV when one is doing other things seems to be normal. We have gotten so use to having the TV on that is seems odd when you turn it off and the house is quiet. In the olden days, before everyone had TVs, the radio would be left on all the time, providing the person with the feeling that they were not totally alone.

            That is all I have for this morning; we hope you have a good and safe day.

Another nothing day.

Senior ole retired person who has too many nothing days, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: