Translate

Friday, March 22, 2024

March 22, 2024

            Is it a good morning, yep, it is a good morning. We hope your day is starting out in a good way, and we hope it continues on in a nice way, and then finishes even better!

            Well, I have nothing to talk about today, I did nothing yesterday, I don’t have plans for today. With that being said, I will get up from this ole desk and stagger into the front room where I will attempt to rest on the Ford’s ole worn out recliner. If I was like you real people, I would have interesting things to tell you, but, I aint like real people. (I am from Missouri; I can use the word aint!)

            I wish I had something to relate to you all on this blog post, heck if I was to think of something to write about, I would just mess it up. By that I mean, I made my first mistake ever on the blog yesterday, and a good friend pointed it out to me. First mistake ever, again! I wonder how many times one can make their first mistake, before they are required to count a mistake as their second mistake? I have considered that thought for a while and I now believe, “we can consider all our mistakes as the first mistake as long as the mistake we make is not a repeat of a previous mistake”.         The following is an explanation of my comment.

            Let’s say you are cooking some food and you forget to add salt. This is the first time you forgot to add salt, so that is your first mistake ever. Now if you forget to add salt at some point in the future, then you have a second mistake, but if you forget to add pepper to the food it is your first mistake ever.

Now you see, as long as you do not repeat a mistake, then the mistake will always be your first mistake ever.

The above is from the wisdom of the Don, you are welcome!

Topic alteration: as I sit here observing the camera monitors, I am seeing the birds use the back of my ole wooden rocking chair that sits near the garage door on the driveway as a jumping off point. I have seen red birds, bluejays, and non-colored birds land on the back of the chair, then jump down to the drive way. Maybe they use that to verify that there are no cats waiting on them when they go down to the driveway.

Another subject: We have six tenths of an inch of water in the Ford’s ole free rain gage this morning. Now that I am thinking about rain and weather, we had some storms come through last night and there was a bunch of lightning and thunder. Tres does not like thunder so he was going back and forth through the house. Finally, my favorite wife made him come into the bed room and he got on the bed with me. Maybe I should say, he got on the bed and on top of me. I did get him off to the side of me and I rubbed him and talked to him until the thunder had passed.

Friday events: not much, I might drive to the cleaners as I have a few items that need to go, I will get Dave from work and the kids from school. I will sit around bored most of the day. Now on Saturday the boy scouts are supposed to have a car wash, and if they do, we will take the Fords ole van and get it washed. Dave and Alex are supposed to come over after the car wash Saturday and help get the last 4 big flower pots out of the hot house.

            Well, as you can see, nothing to talk about, so I will end this and say, we hope you have a good day, be happy and be safe. 

First mistake ever!

Senior ole person who has made plenty of first mistakes, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: