Translate

Monday, March 18, 2024

March 18, 2024

            Good Monday morning to you, but not to others on the mail list. You are my favorite and the others, well they just do not compare to you. We hope your day is starting perfectly. The sun is shining this morning, so the rain has stopped for now. How much rain did we get, well the Ford's free rain gage has 3/4 inch in it.

            Plans for today, not many. I might clean the inside of the Ford's ole Chevy, even though that is something I do not like to do. MY favorite wife wants me to spray something on the Jasmin plants, so I might do that. I hope to get the kids home safely from school this afternoon. And then there is bible study tonight.

            Yesterday's bad news: We received a call from a neighbor saying his wife who had knee surgery a couple weeks ago was going to the hospital. As we understand it, she was doing the exercises for the recovery from the knee surgery, and when she had finished, she fell. They had called the ambulance to come and take her to the hospital for a checkup. Her husband wanted us to tell the neighbors before the ambulance arrived, so they would not panic.

I did not have one neighbors phone number, so I walked to their house and explained what was happening. It started to rain when I was walking to their home. Then I called two other neighbors and let them know what was happening. We learned later that she also had a fractured ancle. She will be in the hospital for 3 days. We pray that all will be well, and she will not need any additional surgery.

            After notifying the neighbors, I sat on the front porch for a while watching for the fire truck and the ambulance to leave. I use to be a volunteer fireman and we made many runs on sick calls, heart attacks and other medical problems. It wasn't fun but we did provide a necessary service.

            What else did I do yesterday, not a lot. I did cut some boards and make a smaller flowerpot roller. I have a photo of the before and after flowerpot roller.


 
            The roller on the right is full size, it is the size and shape, as purchased new. The one under the flowerpot has been modified. I removed the carpet first, then removed the wheels, then decided how small to make the roller, then cut the boards, and then put the shorter version back together. I placed the flowerpot on the smaller version, and it move very easily. I have not decided if I need to modify the other roller.

            Good food yesterday: my favorite wife made a roast yesterday with potatoes and carrots and some good brown gravy. I had a great noon meal and another great supper meal. 😊

            Well, I guess that is about all for now, we hope you have a good day filled with kindness and as always be safe.

Wood worker?

Senior ole person who wants to get out of this chair, so by-by, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: