Translate

Thursday, March 7, 2024

March 7, 2024

            Good morning to you all, I had a good night’s sleep and I hope you did also. My back has been feeling better but as soon as I sat on this chair it did hurt some, so my prayer has helped but I need to pray a little more to get it all pain free.

            What did the Don do yesterday, very little, and this time I mean very little. I did water some flowers out back and the area around the Ford’s ole swing, I turned the above ground sprinklers on, those are the ones I made a few years ago. The sprinkler head that Alex helped me replace worked even better than expected. Now there was an error when I turned on the second above ground sprinkler, it worked ok but I did not set a timer on my cell phone, and it ran for about twice as long as I wanted it to run. Let us say, the area was well watered.

            Dave is taking the day off to take his kids to the dentists, they are out of school this week, and even though he has worked a lot of extra hours this week, he will not get any overtime pay because as I understand it, they only get OT pay for hours worked not sick hours or vacation hours. It did not use to be that way in the olden days.

            The other day when I had gone to pick Dave up from work, he came out of the building, he stopped and looked at a bucket that was full of cigarette butts, and smoke was coming out of the bucket. Dave went back into the building and got water to put on both buckets that were filled with butts. I have a photo of the bucket.


 
            The bucket seems to be closer then 20 feet from the door, and the rule is no smoking within 20 feet of the door. Maybe someone needs to empty the two buckets occasionally. I know, it is none of my business, I should just keep my mouth shut.

            I understand they asked the staff to complete a survey about their work, and they were to use their phones to take the survey. Some people don’t have a cell phone, do they get a paper survey? I know, it is none of my business, I should just stay out of it

            Back to normal topics: my favorite wife and I did sit outside again yesterday afternoon, the weather was good, the neighborhood was quiet, except for the birds and they were singing like crazy. Speaking of bird noise, there was a bird making noise throughout the night last night. Every time I woke up I could hear the bird sounding off. I wonder if it is because they are laying eggs.

            Good news for the Ford homestead: I went to the teller machine yesterday to get our $5.00 stipend and I learned that the government has deposited our income tax check in our account. Wow, over $72.00 in our account!

            Well, I guess I should stop for now, we hope everyone has a good day and please stay safe.

None of my business!

Senior ole person who needs to mind his own business, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: