Translate

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

March 12, 2024

            I would like to say good morning, but I am not yet sure if it is a good morning. I was able to crawl out of bed this morning at 10 minutes before 5:00 old time, but 50 minutes after 5:00 new time. Now I usually get up at 5:00am, so was I early or was I late? Ole retired people don’t like change and I believe they make these changes just to irritate us ole people.

            This morning, I have viewed the so-called local news, and they keep talking about the total solar eclipse that is expected to happen next month. I do think it would be something neat to observe, but I also keep thinking about clouds and rainy weather that might be here that day.

            I experienced a partial solar eclipse many years ago. I was working with a friend whose name was Steve, at his dad’s farm and we were hauling hay. Hauling hay means we were picking up the hay bails and putting them on the trailer as the trailer was pulled through the field by a tractor. I guess the trailer was hauling the hay and we were loading it. Anyway, as we were loading bails on the trailer, we started noticing the day was becoming less bright, as the moon was going in front of the sun. It was not a total eclipse, but we could tell the difference in the sun’s brightness.

            I pulled a few weeds from one of the flower beds yesterday, and I might attempt to do more today. It isn’t easy for an ole senior person to get down on his knees to work, and it is even more difficult for that person to get up from the ground after he works.

            I did sit outside for a while yesterday before heading out to the bible study meeting. Our group leader was not there so our group was combined with another group and the room was full. As usual, it was a good meeting with lots of good comments.

            I have already gone to the burrito shop this morning and purchased a burrito which I split with my favorite wife. The hot sauce was hot as usual.

            I think I had mentioned that we have seen some small white bugs with wings and yesterday morning I think we were being invaded by them, I have a photo of part of the invasion.


             
Later in the day when I was sitting outside, I noticed that the birds were removing these bugs and I assume they were inviting them to supper, that is the bird’s supper.

As I was driving home last night from the bible study I observed a new moon. New moon, why is it called a new moon? This moon has been there forever, and we still call it a new moon. Maybe we should refer to it as the refreshed moon. Now the part of the moon that was lit up was so small that I just had to try and get a photo. The photo does not do the view of the moon Justus, I wish my phone had a good camera on it. 


            Ok, that is it for now it is almost 9:00am new time so I need to do something, maybe. We hope everyone has a good day, stay safe and try to be productive at whatever you do.

refreshed moon.

Senior ole person who needs to be refreshed with a cup, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: