Translate

Friday, March 8, 2024

March 8, 2024

            It is a good wet morning here in Hewitt, Tx. When the Tres and I walked out the front door this morning, it had just begun to rain. We did not spend a lot of time outside this morning and we are happy for the rain, we hope there is no storms with the rain.

            Before that one person asks, no I did not watch the president’s speech last night. There will be enough about it on the news this week.

            I am sitting here trying to think if I did anything yesterday, and I don’t think I did. It was suggested that the flower pots that were on the drive way be moved into the garage since there are predictions of strong winds, I did move the potted flowers into the garage. I did take the Ford’s ole Chevy to get the oil changed, the tires rotated, and they put some new windshield wipers on. I did get a cup of real coffee on the way to the dealership.

Later in the afternoon my favorite wife and I went out for supper. The food was good and the service was better. The young lady who served us could not have been more than 4 feet tall, but she did a good job and she liked to kid around with me. That always gets a good tip. Back at home I did sit outside for a while and have an adult beverage.

            Due to the rain, I will not be doing much of anything again today. I just looked at the security camera monitors and I see Molly outside getting a drink of water off the driveway. Now I find that interesting as she has a bowl of water in the garage. Maybe fresh rain water is better than water from a faucet.

            The rain has increased in its intensity, that means it is raining more and the grass will grow and there will be more work for my yard man, Alex. 

            National Guard: I was in the national guard during the Vietnam war, and yes some of the national guards were taken to Vietnam, but not from our unit. We trained on many things but a lot of our training was riot control. There were riots going on everywhere during the war.

Now the reason I brought this up is because they have national guards at the border and in the subways in New York. Consider for a moment that the National Guard personnel have jobs. They are not from a military base like the army personnel would be, they are people who have regular jobs. They are removed from their jobs and put into service. Think about the employer who now is without his employee or employees. The employer still needs to get the work done and now they are shorthanded.   

Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day, and if you decide to go outside in the rain to take a shower, this time have your swimming suit on, you mooned us last time! For all of us we hope everyone has a safe day.

Thanks for the rain!

Senior ole person who might have a homemade cup of coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: