Translate

Thursday, March 21, 2024

March 21, 2024

            We have some rain falling at this time so I will say, good morning to all. They have predicted on and off rain for today, and this afternoon late into the early night there may be some storms.

            This morning: as I was sitting here in front of the Fords ole computer, I noticed something moving in the front yard. My first thought was squirrels but they turned out to be rabbits. There were three of them and they seemed to be having fun, until my present wife opened the front door, then they all went around the north end of the house. I like the rabbits not the squirrels.

            Big deal: on the local so-called news programs they continually talk about the coming total solar eclipse. This event is said to be happening on April 8th. Well, they got it wrong, April 8th is not the date I had requested. Why is it that I am the only one that gets things right? Now that they know they have the wrong date for the solar eclipse they are not doing anything to change it. These people in politics who get requests for events, and then get them wrong, are never punished for their errors. I would fire the bunch of them!

            Different topic: well, the Don did not do much yesterday, he did pull some sprouting red oak trees from the front yard. I thought as I was doing the back breaking work, that I should go to the shed and get the stool / kneeling device and bring it to the work site (work site is the front yard). This stool / kneeling device would allow me to sit down while I pulled the little sprouting trees. This bending over for an ole senior person is not any fun. I guess I was too lazy to walk all the way out there and get the stool, so I just continued pulling for a few minutes. I use a pair of pliers that are about 14 inches long, to pull the trees, the length of the plier reduces the amount of bending a little.

I received a call from Dave while I was pulling the trees, saying he was off work, and he was off on time for a change. I stopped the tree pulling and headed for DIB. I retrieved Dave and got him home safely. Later I also picked Alex up from school and got him home safely.

It was not a sunny day but my favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday. I guess that is all I did yesterday, we hope you have a good day and, “What”, why do you feel it is necessary to interrupt me with your silly questions!                     OK, what is it?

Ok, you want to know why the solar eclipse date is wrong, I will enlighten you. The date for the solar eclipse was supposed to be on April 5th, and they set it up for April 8th. Now do you understand, they are three days off.  

What? You want to know why does three days make a difference.

Ok, please listen and try to understand. April 5th is my favorite wife and my wedding anniversary. We got married on April 5th, 55 years ago. The solar eclipse was supposed to happen on our 55th wedding anniversary. Now do you understand their mistake?

That’s it, do not ask any more questions, I am stopping for now. We hope you have a good day, stay safe, and try not to make any mistakes.

solar eclipse error

Senior ole disappointed person who needs a break, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: