Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2024

March 16, 2024

            Good morning to you, good morning to me, good morning to all, good morning to? Well with all the rain we had, I still did not get to use the windshield wipers, cause, it did not rain! When the Tres and I went out this morning we could feel a lite mist but we could not see anything on the sidewalk.

The wind was blowing yesterday, I thought the neighbors broken tree limbs would be blown out of her tree, but that hasn't happened, yet. Now I have a photo of some tree limbs that are downed in our back 40. These limbs did not appear to be dead but they are on the ground now.


            Yes, that is our pot hound Tres scratching himself near the tree. The wind was, and is still strong, and these limbs were brought down by a saw, and an ole person named The Don, was the sawyer. They were not blown down, I cut them.

            Now I might have another photo that at least one person might find interesting. This photo is of a new pecan tree that is now in its second year. This tree was planted we believe by a squirrel, and is in a flower bed. We have decided to allow it to grow there.


            You may need to look closely to see the small growth, as it does have some leaves budding out on top. This may be the only time that we appreciate a squirrel.

            As I was wondering around the back 40, actually I was watering the plants, I observed a rose bush that has a couple new blooms starting. The rose has a couple colors in its bloom.


            The wind was blowing too hard for me to activate the lawn sprinklers, so I used the hose and watered the potted plants and some of the Jasmin beds. 

            I had planned to ask Dave to help me get the heavy flower pots out of the hot house yesterday. When I picked him up from work, we began talking about the coming safety inspection that should occur next week, and the fact that all he did yesterday was clean and straighten up product. I did not think about him helping me with the flower pots until we were at his driveway, and it was too late.

            I did water all the plants that are still in the hot house, I have removed 11 plants from the hot house and the last 4 are big plants. I will get help this coming week to get them out.

            I did venture to the Harbor store this week to get a couple things and I supposedly save $10 on the two items. I wanted to get a cup of real coffee but the line around the local shop was too long, so I did with out.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday but the wind was blowing and it was kind of cool. When a friend arrived, we all went inside where it was a little more comfortable. After a short while another neighbor came over and had her granddaughter with her. The granddaughter's name is Paisley and she is fun to be around. She has continual questions and comments.

            If it doesn't rain soon, I will activate the lawn sprinklers. I have no real plans for the day, we will likely go out for a lunch sandwich in Waco, stop by the cheap store, then return home and do my bible study homework. After that, do nothing but rest and relax.

Well, I guess that may be all for now, as always, have a good day, be safe in all you do, and show some kindness to ole people.

Our POT, is not the kind you have.

Senior ole retired person who would like a cup, but will not get one, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: