Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

March 6, 2024

            It is a good morning here at the Ford’s homestead, and we hope it is good for you all too. I don’t have much to convey to the reading public, or to you, but the little I have will be informative and as usual, “uninteresting”.

            I did do some work yesterday; it wasn’t much but it was fruitful. Now for that one person fruitful does not mean I was dealing with plants; it means I was productive in my efforts. We had a cement basket on a cement base that was leaning, and it was suggested that I would be allowed to straighten it up, which I did, by removing all three parts, leveling the dirt, and replacing all three parts, photo to follow.


            Actually, there was two of them that I worked on, and another decoration in the round flower bed that was leaning with a glass ball on top. I also removed and replaced it in a level position. 

I had planned on pulling some weeds from one of the front flower beds today but, this morning I had a dog food injury and now my back hurts. I had filled the dog food container with food yesterday and it is kept here in the Ford’s ole office. This morning, I walked in and bent over to pick up the container, it weighs between 15 and 20 pounds when full, and I was not using good lifting techniques, now my back hurts. I lifted all the heavy things yesterday properly without any problems and today a less than heavy item got me. I may not be pulling weeds today.

I also moved some heavy flowerpots from the garage to the driveway yesterday, my spouse wanted me to let them get some sun. I have a photo taken from the back 40 of those pots and the new solar powered lights which were allowed to sit in the sun yesterday and need to be placed in the front yard. 


            We did sit outside yesterday afternoon and during that so-called rest period we put out some additional easter decorations in the front yard. Speaking of front yard, I need to either begin removing the trees (pulling them up one by one) or mowing them down. These trees have been planted by people stepping on acorns and pushing them into the ground or by the squirrels. There are tons of these little trees in the front yard, I do have a photo. 


            As one might see, another day of doing nothing for an ole senior person. We hope you have a good day and don’t be like the Don, lift properly every time, in other words, please be safe.

Lift properly!

Senior ole person who needs to follow his own rules, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: