Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2024

March 10, 2024

            Good Sunday morning to one and all. We here at the Ford homestead do not have any big plans for the day since we are now on a different time and everything will seem odd. I may attempt to get my favorite wife to go to the Cracker store for lunch today, if I have enough money for a tip. If we go to the cracker store for lunch then I will not need to wash dishes today!

            I did nothing yesterday, and nothing means we went to town and got a sandwich for lunch, we stopped at the cheap store and returned the yard light that did not work and got one that does work. We then went to another store where my first wife shopped while I sat in the Fords ole Chevy. We returned home where I properly installed the yard light and then did nothing.

            A neighbor’s son came over and asked who did our cement work, he is wanting to have some work done at his house, so I provided names and phone numbers.

            Later in the afternoon, even though it was fairly cool, we sat outside for about 45 minutes trying to enjoy some quiet time. A friend came over just as we were getting ready to go inside, so the rest of the afternoon we enjoyed the warmth of the house and lively discussions.

            We have another cool start to the day today and I am not sure if it will warm up later today or not. I did walk out the garage door this morning, it was still fairly dark as the sun had not shown its face. I was about 15 feet away from a bird house that hangs on a tree limb and there was a Sparrow sitting on the dowel at the door of the house. This bird was making a sound but not like a happy bird, it was more like a warning that I should not get too close. I, being a respectful person, decided to move away and let this bird alone, even though I had built the house, the bird was now living there and had not asked permission. I have probably close to 20 bird houses and if I charged rent, I could be like real people and go places and buy things.

            Well, I guess I will try to adjust to this new time stuff, we hope you have a good day and as always please be safe in all you do.

Nothing doing!

Senior ole person who has difficulty adjusting to the time change, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: