Translate

Monday, April 1, 2024

April 1, 2024

            Yep, it is April fools’ day, but I do not have any foolish jokes or pranks, sorry.

            The Tres and I went out front this morning as usual, it was dark thirty, and as we were attempting to reenter the homestead, I could hear small voices coming from the bird house on the front porch. I assume that we now have baby birds in one, if not all the bird houses.

            The grand kids arrived about 6:40 this morning, as their mother has to go to work early at the beginning of each month. We have already gone to the star coffee place and the burrito place and are back at the homestead, with food and drinks in hand. I will attempt to get them to go to school in about 30 minutes.

            Attempt was successful, kids made it to school safely and on time.

            Easter Sunday went well here at the Ford’s homestead, the families were here for a noon meal, my favorite wife worked too hard in preparation for the meal, and the food was good. There are some leftovers for my lunch today. Later in the afternoon (about 3:30) my present spouse and I headed outside to sit and contemplate the events of the day and address world problems. A friend arrived at that time and my wife, and the friend went into the house for some nourishment. I sat a chair up as I assume my first wife and friend would sit on the swing and I would take the chair.

            We sat and talked for a while and had some very lively bible discussions. Then another neighbor lady came over, so I was allowed to get another chair out. It wasn’t too long when the second friend’s husband decided to come over, so, I had to find another chair, we have plenty of chairs. Good friends and fun discussions were the theme of the afternoon.

            Everyone left and my favorite wife and I reentered the house. I procured some left over from the noon meal, and had a quick supper, while my wife was putting things away, and making a pile of items to be washed. Actually, many of the items went into the dishwasher and I then washed the rest. It was about 8:45 when I was allowed to head to the bedroom. I decided to watch the Ed Sullivan show. Now Ed Sullivan show lasts about 30 minutes, so I set the TV to turn off after 30 minutes. I lay there in bed watching the show, the Mommas and the Poppas were on first, good ole music. I can’t tell you who else was on as I somehow fell asleep. I awoke later and the TV was off.

            I have no big plans for today, other than getting the kids to school safely and then getting them home safely in the afternoon. What would parents do without grandparents to get the kids.

            I have two photos, one is of the same red rose I have shown before, but there are more and bigger blooms now, the other is of the white rose bush filled with blooms.



            Well, I guess I should stop now, we hope your day is profitable, and safe, we hope everyone is as nice to you, as you are to them, what a wonderful world it would be.

Spring has sprung!

Senior ole person who needs a break from something, but what, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: