Translate

Sunday, January 28, 2024

January 28, 2024

            It is Sunday morning, the sun is getting ready to rise, it is 33 degrees outside, my only plan for the day is to maybe pick up small sticks from the back 40, and possibly the front yard but I have not checked the front yard yet.

            Yesterday events: in the afternoon the sun was shining so I ventured forth from the home into the outdoors. I quickly noticed that if I stayed out of the wind which was blowing briskly, and stayed in areas where the sun was shining, I could be outside without a jacket. I first moved some items from the garage to the shed and in the process, I strained my right arm, not too bad but it hurts a little. Then I decided to attempt to get some water out of the Christmas decoration lights that had not yet been put away.

            When I noticed the water in the clear plastic bulbs, I decided to let them stay in the garage for a while hoping somehow the water would get out of the bulbs, but it did not. These clear plastic bulbs are about one inch across, and they have a hole in the top of the bulb. I decided to attempt to get the water out, you know drain the water out, that did not work, I did find that rapidly shaking each bulb, one at a time removed most of the water. Out of a couple hundred bulbs there were probably more than 30 that I had to shake. During this process my favorite wife came out and sat in the warm sun light with me.

            We did learn yesterday that our son Patrick has the covid virus. I had noted yesterday that he was not feeling well and when I checked with him later, he let us know he has the virus. My favorite wife always gets a cookie for our sons’ birthdays and the one we have for Patrick has been put into the freezer, photo to follow.


 
            We will keep it until he gets better and come to our homestead.

            Today’s plan: no real plans at this time, I did notice an enormous number of small limbs in the back 40 yesterday, when I was taking things to the shed. So, later today, I might attempt to pick them up, and if I do that, I will likely see some Poopa-Loopa and attempt to remove that also. I might talk my favorite wife into going to the Cracker store for lunch, that way I would not be forced, I mean allowed to wash the dishes.

            Well, that is it for today, have a good day, be safe in all you do, and think a few positive thoughts.

All things are possible if only you believe.

Senior ole person who might get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: