Translate

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

January 2, 2024

            Ok, let's see if the Don did anything yesterday. It was very cool today and especially during the morning with that north wind blowing. I did not want to be outside before noon as it was cold. I did carry some items out to the trash can which was at the curb, one of the items was a wagon load of acorns. These acorns were acorns that I had raked up and they have some dead grass in them, so I emptied the ole red wagon into the trash can. I should tell you that I have seen squirrels going to the ole red wagon and getting acorns to eat.

            I had nothing that I really wanted to do yesterday, so I was just sitting around when I decided to take my favorite wife’s van and get some gas. Yes, she had suggested that it needed the gas but she did not force me to go. Actually, I wanted to get a cup of real coffee, and the coffee place is close to where we get gas. The coffee was good, the gas tank is now full.

            When I arrived back home, I decided to rake an area to see if I could get some of the acorns. I have a couple photos, first is an area before I raked, second is a pile of acorns but not all I raked. 



            If you look close at the first photo you can see acorns spread all around behind the manger display. The second is the pile of acorns I raked up and there were other piles of acorns, and I only raked a small area.

            Since I was outside, I did disconnect the electric from the outside Christmas decorations. I am hoping I got them all disconnected, and they do not come on after dark.

            I had been considering tightening the bolts in the Fords ole swing as it was making a lot of noise when we sat on it, and my favorite wife had found one nut on a bolt that she could tighten with her hand. I got the ratchet and went to work tightening the bolts. Heck every bolt needed a little tightening, especially the one my favorite wife had told me about.

The swing set tightened, we did sit outside a little while yesterday afternoon and the swing was not making the noise anymore. It was cool so we only sat out there about an hour.     

Molly is in the garage; she had been behind the toolbox which has always been a safe place for her to hide. Her food and water are there for her, and I did see her eating, so I put a sardine next to her food bowl in hopes that she enjoys it.

The above was written Monday afternoon, let's see if I add anything today.

It is now Tuesday; Molly did not eat the sardine even though she ate her dry cat food. I thought all cats like stinking fish.

Different subject: I now have to be very careful when I take Tres out front each morning, as there is someone who is walking his dog before the sun comes up. For the last couple days, I have seen this person and his dog around 6:15am, walk down our street. It would not be good if Tres went out and they happened to be there. I think everyone but me should stay on their own street, and the block they live on, and not walk past our house before the sun comes up.

Topic swap: we did have our black-eyed peas and salt pork to eat yesterday, which I think is a Missouri thing, as this is supposed to bring us good luck in the new year. We did have other food also.

Another thought: my favorite wife has a rehab session this morning. I guess I will be able to go get a cup of coffee while she is doing the rehab. We sure hope it helps with the back pain.

I guess I will stop for now, I am not going to mention that we are supposed to get a good rain today, but I will say, “Please be safe in everything you do”, and as usual, be nice to at least one person today.

Acorn raker.

Senior ole person who must not have anything to do, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had sauerkraut and pork on New Year’s day…also for good luck!