Translate

Saturday, January 20, 2024

January 20, 2024

            Well, it is Saturday and it is cold outside (22 degrees) and I don’t want to go outside to haul the limbs off. Most of the time I would be inside the truck but not all the time. First I have to move the truck, then open the gates, back the truck up to the trailer, get out and connect the trailer hitch and the wired to the new lights, pull the trailer out of the back yard, close the gates and then I could get back in the warm truck, if I remember to have the heater on all the time.

            The people at the dump site will remove the limbs from the trailer, I feel for them, having to work outside in the cold this morning. Then I go to David’s house and he will load the trailer with a bunch of stuff that we will take to the dumpsite, they take both limbs and they take junk.

            When I get home, I will again need to open the gate, back the trailer out into the back 40, park the trailer, unhook everything, drive back out to the driveway, shut the gate, and I am done. All of that while the temp is below freezing. 

            It was cold outside yesterday, how do I know, I went into town and I had to walk from the house to the Ford’s ole Chevy in the cold. Then I was in the Ford’s ole Chevy until it warmed up. Then I got out at the Harbor store and walk across the sidewalk to the door, to get some replacement trailer lights. Then when I made it back home. without getting a real cup of coffee, I took the new lights and put them on the Ford’s ole trailer. The wind was blowing like crazy and it was cold. I don’t like the cold.

            Now the new lights attach with magnets, and are for temporary use. They are place next to the real tail lights and they work. I am almost ready to go to the dump site, I do need to strap the limbs to the trailer before I head out.

            I did get Alex and Gabi home safely from school although the traffic was crazy. It was about 40 minutes from the time we picked up Gabi until I made it home and it isn’t that for to drive.

            Well, I guess that is all for now, we hope everyone has a good day, and we all stay safe.

E limb a nator

Senior ole person who eliminates limbs at the dump, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: