Translate

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

January 17, 2024

            Let’s start out with a good morning to all, we are still cold here but they say we should get above freezing today. when Tres and I went out to the front yard this morning the wind was not blowing, so 14 degrees did not feel as bad.

            I went to get Alex from school yesterday as usual, and I drove him home as usual. Just before we arrived at his house I said, your dad isn’t home, do you have a key to get in? Alex did not have a key; he said his sister lost the extra key. We headed for the Fords homestead to wait on his mother or father to get off work.

            Arriving at the Ford homestead the first thing that Alex’s granny said to him was, “are you hungry”? Grandmas are that way, feed the grand kids but let the grandpa starve. It was only a few minutes before Dave called and needed a ride home, so Alex and I loaded up to go get Dave. Maybe they need to get a couple keys for the kids.

 

            Scams all over the place: yesterday I received a call on my cell phone, that should have been a warning to me, they left a message that said, “you can get the same services you now have for $89.99 per month”. This call was supposed to be from Spectrum, and that is who we get our internet, TV and house phone, yes, we still have a house phone. Now $89.99 would be a big savings for us so I called the number to see what was going on. The fellow on the other end sounded like he was the real customer service person.

            I asked why were they making this so cheap and he said they were working with Target to provide this special pricing. We talked for a bit and he said that the first payment would be $719.92 and that would be for the first 8 months then the next 4 months would be free. Following that the payment would then be monthly $89.99. that sounded odd but I continued to listen until he told me I would need to get gift cards from Target, since they were sponsoring this, and those gift cards would be the $719.92 payment.

            When this person brought up the gift cards for payment, that is when the conversation ended. This fellow had all the information about my payments and my info at Spectrum.

            When something seems too good to be true, it probably is, be careful. 

            Plans for today; nope I have no plans for today, I do think I might try to get my hair cut tomorrow after it warms up a little bit. If the weather ever gets good enough for an ole person to work outside, I hope to get the leaves out of the Jasmin beds and again rake the acorns from the yard, it is covered again. This Saturday I need to haul the limbs off that are on the Ford’s ole trailer.

            I just noticed a rabbit go across the driveway, so I watched to see where he or she was heading. That rabbit headed to the back yard and on out to the shed. Then I observed a second rabbit following more or less in the footsteps of the other rabbit. Then I saw one come along the fence back toward the driveway, and the other followed. Now I assume that is why Tres always seems to be tracking something in the back 40, he probably smells the rabbits and squirrels that roam the back 40.

            Well, I hope everyone has a good day, stay warm and stay safe.

Do nothing day!

Senior person who is not good at doing nothing or working, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: