Translate

Monday, January 22, 2024

January 22, 2024

            Good morning one and all, it is raining, and it may rain off and on all week. Now I don’t know how much rain we received over night, but there is water standing in the back yard, the TV person said Waco had received .41 inch overnight, I have a photo of the back 40, I think we have received a lot more than what the TV guy said. I can’t go out and check the free rain gage as it is still raining, as we all know, sugar melts in the rain, and I don’t want to melt!


           
You are correct, I could use an umbrella, but we all know it is bad luck to open an umbrella in the house. Now that one person is saying, “Why don’t he open it in the garage”. The roof over the house is the same roof over the garage so it would be bad luck for me to open an umbrella before I got outside. If I opened it outside, then I would be in the rain, and now we are back to me melting!

            My favorite wife and I had been talking about going out to the Cracker store in Bellmead for breakfast or lunch, as we had not been there in a couple years. Before the Cracker store was built here in Hewitt, we would go out there almost every Sunday. We knew a bunch of the employes back in those days. We had been wondering if any of the people we knew were still working there, so we decided to venture out to the Cracker store for breakfast yesterday.

I decided to not take the interstate and we took a roundabout way, highway 6, loop 340, like we use to do when all the interstate was under construction. We do not get out very often and had not driven that route in a couple years, some things were the same, and some things had changed.

They did not save us a good parking spot, so we parked almost behind the building. We were surprised that we did not need to wait to get seated, even though there were many people present. They have their tables set closer together and can handle a lot more people at the same time, compared to the store in Hewitt. There was at least 4 people that we recognized, and we spoke to a couple of them. The food was good, and the service was also good. My favorite wife purchased a jacket while we were there, it was 40% off.

Our trip back home was on the interstate, and there were many things that had been added along the highway. It was kind of like exploring a new town. We made it home safely and right now we don’t have plans to go back.

As for today, my only plan would be to get gas in the Ford’s ole Chevy, take a few shirts and pants to the cleaners, maybe get a cup of real coffee, and go to the bible study tonight. We hope you have a fun day, stay dry and stay safe.

Wet Monday.

Senior ole person with a water filled back 40, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: