Translate

Monday, January 8, 2024

January 8, 2024

            Good morning to everyone. As I sit here at the Ford’s ole computer, I noticed a person walking down the street with his dog. Now it is 7:00am, and it is still dark outside. This fellow has pants and jacket that have florescent strips on them, which I assume is so the people in cars can see him. How did I see him while I am at the computer, she asked? Our motion detecting light came on as this person walked down the street, and I saw him on a security camera.

            I must be careful each morning when the Tres and I go out, Tres does not have a lead on and if this person and his dog came by while we were out, I am sure Tres would want to say hello.

            Did I do anything yesterday? I did go with my favorite wife to the cracker store for lunch yesterday. I wanted her to rest and I did not want her to cook a meal for us. The food was fair, the service was poor, the place was full of people.

            I did pick up the acorns that were along the street yesterday and I was able to blow some of the grass away as I removed the acorns. I now have a barrow full and the ole red wagon is also full.

            As I am looking at the security cameras, I can see it is windy outside, and the driveway is wet, so there must be some light mist present. Molly is out on the driveway and there was a rabbit in the front yard which would have been maybe 30 feet away from Molly. The rabbit was sitting very still, and I do not know if Molly even saw the rabbit, but when she moved a little the rabbit ran away quickly.

            I have no plans for today, we do start the bible study class again this evening. We have had a 3-week break, so I guess we should get back into the learning process. I find it interesting to hear other members comments as to how they understand the same thing that I have read.

            It is starting to get light outside this morning and everything looks a little wet. The grandkids start school tomorrow, so I will not need to get them from school today.

            One of our neighbors bought a new truck and I got to look at it yesterday. The truck seemed to have everything you could imagine in it, and I asked him why did his new truck have my name on it? You might be able to figure out why my name was on his new truck, without me telling you. It was not a Chevy.

            Well, it is time for me to stop now. We hope you all have a good day, please be safe and try to stay out of the rain.

Take it easy day!

Senior ole retired person who knows how to, “take it easy”, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: