Translate

Thursday, January 25, 2024

January 25, 2024

            Well, we just had another day of doing nothing. The wet rainy weather has just cause me to stay inside and be bored. Now I did get the shingles shot yesterday and the results seem to be ok for now. I do not have a fever, only body aches which are those I have every day. Maybe I will be lucky and get through the shot without any bad reactions.

            Plans for today, if I feel well, we will go out for supper this afternoon, other than that, and getting the kids from school, nothing. 

            Tres is in the garage and I heard him growl, so I started looking that the camera monitors. The only thing I see is something that looks like the eyes of a cat reflecting light. This glowing object actually looked as if it blinked, so I thought it was some kind of animal. I zoomed in but could not determine if it was an animal or not. The glowing object was not appearing to be blinking anymore and Tres had stopped growling. A vehicle came down the street and I could not see any animal. Whatever it is, it is just lying there, I will look when it gets to be daylight to see what it is.

            I had an ole memory from back in the 70s, that is the 1970s. I had been promoted to a position of supervisor, and even though I knew everything about warehousing, I did not know much about supervision. We had a female employee who was not meeting expectations and she was terminated. In truth, I had a book about management and I went to it to see what I should say during the termination. Then she and I went into the conference room and I terminated her. There were some tears from her, and she said, I don’t have a way to get home. I went to the manager and told him and he told me to take her home, which I did. Now there wasn’t any problems in doing that, but when I think about all the crap that could have happened. I learned a lot over the years but I never did that again.

            Well, it is getting light outside so I might go see what that glowing object was. I have returned and there is nothing out there but rainwater. I wonder if the lite I saw was a reflection from the streetlight.

We hope everyone has a good day, please be safe and think about being nice to old people.

Something shining?

Senior ole person who don’t want to feel bad, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: