Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2024

January 13, 2024

            It is the 13th, but not Friday the 13th. As Tres and I ventured out to the front yard this morning we observed a very interesting sky with a few clouds as the sun was attempting to rise, photo to follow.


            Our main plan today will be, to go out to lunch with Dave and his family, as he had a birthday on the 12th. He is now over 25 years old, way over. Today is supposed to be the last warm day for about 3 days. They have said we can be as low as 14 degrees and there could be some freezing rain or sleet on Monday or Tuesday. School is out Monday and that is good as the kids will not need to be out in the cold. If they get the freezing rain, they could cancel school on Tuesday.

            In preparation for the upcoming cold weather, I have brought a kerosene heater and an electric heater to the garage, I can use either depending on the need (there is a second kerosene heater in the shed that has never been used). The electric heater can be turned on and off remotely. 

I just thought of the fact that we have a couple ole time kerosene lamps that have kerosene in them and they can be lit if the power goes off. There is another kerosene lamp that has never had kerosene put in it, they all could be used for both light and heat in an emergency.  I have a photo of the kerosene heater and the unused lamp. I am not sure where the lamps came from, probably they were either my parents or my favorite wife’s parents.



  
           I have noted that we have some flowers in the garage that we want to keep from freezing. I have a photo of one of the small flowers, other plants are too large to take in the house.

            The above photo is of a cactus, we call them Christmas Cactus, and it has a few blooms on it. We see one of the big red blooms on this plant.

            Our bible study meeting is canceled for Monday evening due to the upcoming cold weather, but they are going to have it on zoom. Now I have never tried zoom, so I am not sure everything that I would need to do, or if I want to try it.

Cold, It’s coming!

Senior ole person who thinks he is ready for the cold, maybe, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: