Translate

Monday, January 1, 2024

January 1, 2024

            This is the first posting for this year, and I hope it is good. We are now into another new year, I did not party last night, I did go to sleep early as usual. More about my sleep later.

            Now my favorite wife and I did go to the Cracker store for lunch yesterday, and there was an enormous amount of people there. We had a 30-minute wait to get seated, the food was good, we got a free appetizer and a free drink. There aint nothing wrong with free.

            I did change the light bulb in the so-called hot house yesterday, maybe it will not be too bright tonight. We will turn the outside Christmas lights off after tonight, and I will start removing the decorations from the front yard, when my old body allows.  

The weather was so nice yesterday, the last day of the year, that my favorite wife and I went outside and sat for about 1.5 hours. Good warm weather in the 70s and a lot of sun light. That was a nice end to the ole year.

When we get the Christmas decorations removed, I want to cut a bunch of limbs that hang over the house, from the oak trees. That one tree is still dropping acorns on the house and yard. I still need to get the remaining leaves out from the flower beds in the front yard, and there are other leaves that I can pick up out back, but those are not a priority.

I did repair the wire, which was cut during our mowing the other day, the extension cord was 100 foot long, now it consists of two extension cords, one a little less than 60 feet long and the other is a little less than 40 feet long, photo to follow. 


             
The above was written on 12/31/2023.

Below is written today, 01,01,2024.

Let’s see, yesterday was the last, and today is the first, wow, why do we make this a big deal? It is like saying, “Yesterday was normal and today is something special,” it isn’t a big deal.

Now let’s get to my sleep last night. I went to bed early as usual; Tres was upset do to the people setting off fireworks in the neighborhood. He was on and off the bed several times. Then at about 11:00 pm I heard my favorite wife, she was in the front room, calling out my name, saying Molly is in here. It seems as if Molly the cat decided to venture out from under the bed and act like a normal cat for a change.

Molly went over to the Tres and rubbed on him a little, she allowed my present wife to pet her, and when I was able to drag my ole body out of the bed and venture into the front room, Molly also allowed me to pet her. Now she looked healthy even though she has lost some weight. She followed me into the office area and when I opened the door she went out into the garage.

We have her food, water and kitty litter in the garage, and we expect her to stay there until she is fully back to normal. She will be able to stay in the garage and or go outside as we will leave the door up a little bit for her. It is nice that we did not need to trap her.

Topic change: I plan to disconnect the lighted decorations out in front of the house today, not sure when we will start to remove them.

Another subject: I see that our neighbors have their trash cans out at the curb, so I guess I will need to do the same. I do not know if they will be picking up the trash today, but it will not hurt to have it out there.

I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day, stay safe in all you do, try not to work too hard with that hangover you have.

Just another day!

Senior ole person who should do something but don’t want to, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: