Translate

Friday, January 19, 2024

January 19, 2024

            Yesterday started with a mild temp and it got to 75 degrees in the afternoon. Since it was warm outside, I would be allowed to go out and do some work as the day progressed. Since I had some projects to do, I decided to not take a nap, instead, I decide to do my homework from bible study. I was one day behind, so I needed to do two days’ work yesterday morning. When I got done with the bible study, I decided to do my daily reading from the bible. Yes, they are two different things.

            When I stopped reading, I decided to go get my hair cut. When I arrived, there were three ladies sitting on the barber chairs with no customers, but me. The lady did a good job as she was not hurried as there was not a bunch of people waiting. I paid for the haircut and had enough money left over for a cup of real coffee. Yes, I tipped the lady barber (hair stylists).

            Returning home I had a quick lunch of left overs and decided to get started on my work out in the back 40. Poopa-Loopa turned out to be my first project, there was plenty on the ground and it was for the most part, easy to find. I used a 2-gallon bucket with a plastic bag in it and it was very close to being full when I finished.

            During the Poopa-Loopa recovery project, I observed several small sticks that had fallen from the trees during the windy weather. I decided to remove all that I could, placing them on the trailer with the limbs that will need to be hauled off this Saturday. It is supposed to be cold Saturday when I haul the limbs off.

            I then allowed Tres to get into the pickup truck and I open the gate to the back 40. Tres likes to ride in the truck, and having him in the truck while the gate is open, keeps him under control.

I decided to open the gate out toward the drive way, I usually open them into the back 40, but if they opened out to the driveway I could pull the trailer up to the gate, which would allow me to connect or disconnect without backing off the cement drive. I know that means nothing to you but it does to me. I did need to adjust the one side of the gate so it would go across the cement, that only took a little while.

            I did move the trailer close to the Gate using the truck, so it is ready to go this coming Saturday. I used a small handheld battery powered tire inflater, which we normally use to inflate the tires on the riding mower. I checked and added air to the trailer tires, and to the pickup truck tires with the portable device. Yes, I have an air compressor, but the small battery powered unit is easier to use.

            I then watered the flowers in the hot house and it was 95 degrees in there when I opened the door (the sun was shining on the hot house). With nothing else to do I decided to pick up the sticks from the front yard and I got a 5-gallon bucket full of twigs. 

That done I got ready to go to pick up Dave, Alex and Gabi from work and school, and I got them all home safely.

Returning to the Ford homestead, we went to supper at the cracker store. The food was good the server was ok. Back at home I decided to work on this posting and I have done all the above on Thursday evening.

Well, I assume that is all for now, please have a safe day, and be nice to that one person, you know who I mean, be kind to them. They need some kindness and friendship, which you can provide. Be that person and you will be blessed!

Poopa-Loopa gatherer.

Senior ole person who has reviewed and edited this posting, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: