Translate

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

January 24, 2024

            We hope everyone is having a good morning, as it is a rainy Wednesday. Let’s start out with a rain report.           

Our free rain gage has 2.5 inch of rain as a two-day total, Tuesday afternoon, that is an additional .75 inch of rain from Monday’s 1.75 inch, and they tell us there is more to come. We appreciate the rain but I would like to get outside and be allowed to complain about having to work in the yard.  I do have things I would like to do outside but with the wet yards I will just stay inside and be bored.

Bible subject: I was reading the Bible yesterday, and I learned something, yes, even ole retired people can learn things at times. One of the small books is, “Amos”, he was a prophet. I had a brother whose name was “Amos”, and my bible indicated that the name “Amos” meant, “A burden”. I wonder if my mom and dad knew that when they name him, he was the first born of seven (7) kids. Could that be why we all called him junior?

Health topic: I may go and get my second shot for shingles today. The second shot is often given three months after the first. I was told by the pharmacist who gave me the first shot, that the second shot often made the person feel sick for a day or so. I was also told that if I waited and received the shot in the fourth month the bad feeling may not be as bad or not at all.

I want to get the shot today, and if I get sick tomorrow my favorite wife can get Dave from work and then Dave can take my pickup truck and get the kids from school. I need to be feeling ok by Saturday as we plan on hauling limbs to the Hewitt dump site this Saturday. Ole people and their problems.

Different matter: They keep talking about the total solar eclipse coming in April and everyone is kind of excited to see it. I keep wondering what if it is cloudy that day? I would like to see it if the clouds stay away, I guess I should see if I still have the welding goggles, so I could look at the moon in front of the sun.

I know most of you are happy that this posting is short, so enjoy. One of these days I will probably start making them long and even more uninteresting. We hope you have a good day, stay safe and stay dry unless you are in the bath tub, then you can get wet.

Rain good and boring!

Senior ole person who may get a shot today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: