Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2024

January 14, 2024

            It is cold this morning, they are now saying it is 22 degrees, and we are not supposed to get above freezing for the next couple days.

            We made it through Saturday, we had a nice lunch with Dave and his family. We went to a BBQ restaurant on the circle in Waco, if you know anything about the circle then you know where we went, if not, then it isn’t that important.

            We left Hewitt heading for the Circle and we got on I-55 heading for Waco as we were going to meet Dave and the family. That was the first time I have driven on I-55 going to Waco in years. I usually drive along the access road beside the interstate when heading into town. It took us a couple minutes on I-55 to get to the circle and to the restaurant, that part of I-55 isn’t bad.

            I have a photo of Dave with his birthday cookie. The cookie has become kind of a tradition for birthdays here at the Ford’s homestead.


            After we ate lunch, my favorite wife and I went to the discount store to see if we could find anything that we did not have. I did not find anything that I needed, heck I even tried on a jacket, but XL did not fit this senior XXL person.  My first wife found a couple items and some peppermint chocolate candy. Arriving back at home, I attempted to take a short nap, you know ole people need naps.

Later in the afternoon my favorite spouse and I did sit outside for a while. There was a little wind, but it was not too cold to enjoy some time together, away from the TV. 

I thought I had everything ready for the cold weather but as usual and ole senior person made a mistake, I dropped the electric heater, and broke it. There is a note on the heater that says, “Do not drop”, I dropped it. I have tried to repair it and I hope it will work even though I messed up. At this time, I have the kerosene heater, heating in the garage, I want to see what an effect it has in an hour.

I had the three stooges on yesterday afternoon, and I was able to watch some of them for a while, as usual, I remember seeing most of them, so they were less than interesting.

I have another odd thing to enlighten you about. When the Don eats peanuts, almost every afternoon, he uses a tweezer to pick out the half peanuts, which he eats first. He can’t use the tweezer on the hole peanuts, so he picks them up with his fingers. And odd photo of peanuts and tweezer to follow.

If you think the Don is odd for using a tweezer, you could be right. Well odd or not I guess I will stop for now. We hope your day is not too cold and we hope you and all of us stay safe.

Peanut eater.

Senior ole person who wants and needs to stay warm, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: