Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2024

January 18, 2024

            Yesterday was another mostly indoor day. We did get to go to the grocery store yesterday morning, I got to go because we needed a bag of dog food and it is always on the top shelf, heck it was difficult for me to get it down.

            While shopping at the Wally world, we were able to get a stopper for the garbage disposal. This stopper makes it possible to keep the water in the sink while I am washing dishes. Well, the new stopper works, but to get it out of the opening is difficult. To be honest, we use a pair of pliers to pull the plug out.

            Also, while shopping we were able to get a couple pair of jeans for the Alex. Alex wears shorts most of the time, but with the winter weather we decided to get him a couple pair of blue jeans. I gave them to him and he was happy, we hope they fit.

            I picked Alex up from school, then we went to get Gabi at her school but she never came out. We were parked across from the door where she usually comes out so we called her but no answer. We called her boyfriend and no answer. We left without them and drove over to get Dave from work. This is the third day in a row that Dave had to worked OT. We thought that Gabi would call us if she got out late, and we would go back to the school to get her, but we got no call.

            Molly the cat is still acting a little strange, I let her in the house to eat and when I do I shut the doors to the bed rooms. The doors are shut to keep her from hiding under the bed. The last couple days after she ate, she would go into the dining room. Both days I have picked her up and put her in the cat box which she has not liked. I would keep her in the container inside the house because it is warmer than the garage. After a few hours in the warm, I would move the container to the door which goes into the garage and let her out. Normally she would go out into the garage, yesterday she stayed in the box. I moved her to the garage door several times, but she did not want to go out.

This after noon late I moved the container to the garage and opened the door of the container. It took a while before she left the container, I think maybe she needed to go to the kitty litter. Later I checked the container, and she is back in it, so I brought her back inside where it is warm.

Maybe I should tell you, I had put her favorite sleeping device in the container earlier this morning. I have the feeling that she likes sleeping in it, it looks like a hairy white goat, and it is fluffy, which would make it warm, soft and comfortable. She will be in the house all night tonight.

I am not totally sure how warm it got yesterday, but my vehicle indicated that it was 45 at one time. I need to get the trailer up to the gate tomorrow as it is supposed to be warm enough for this ole person to go outside and work. On Saturday I will try to take the limbs to the dump site.

Well, I am fairly sure that is all I have to offer in the post, we hope you have a good day and we hope everyone stays safe and warm. Get ready as we are supposed to get rain next week.

Cat handler.

Senior ole person who has little to do and a lot of time to do it, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: