Translate

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

January 10, 2024

            Well, I guess it is Wednesday, and what will this ole person do on Wednesday, who the heck knows? I do kind of have a plan but it required me to do real work so I am not sure I want to follow the plan.

            Yesterday: one of the Christmas trees in the front yard was blown over. I removed it to the garage, where there are three other trees that came from inside the Ford’s house.

            Today: I want to get the Christmas decorations removed from the front yard, and placed in the garage. To do that the van needs to be removed from the garage. My present spouse will go to get groceries today, so while she is gone, I will attempt to fill the garage with stuff, (aka decorations and containers).

            I need to bring the boxes and totes from the shed to the garage. That requires more work than one might think. There are tools like table saws, ladders, and lawn mowers that will need to be removed before I can get to the containers.

            The decorations will need to be packed up; my favorite wife does the packing.

            Everything needs to go to the shed, and be properly stored

Anyone who is paying attention will understand, the Don will be required to, work?

            Now let’s review yesterday: my favorite wife went to the rehab, she will be doing the stretching and exercises from home for the next month, then decide if she wants to continue at the rehab place, or at home.

            We then went into Waco to get a sandwich for lunch and while we were driving, we decided to see if we could find me a new jacket. Sandwiches were good, jacket is good but it cost more than $25.00. Why are things so expensive?

            We made it back home safely and I picked up limbs from the back and front yards. I have a bunch of limbs on the Ford’s ole trailer to be hauled off on the 20th.

            I read Lamentations yesterday, and there was a lot of lamenting in the book.

            Later that afternoon, our good friend Jason came by and took the acorns that we had picked up. I assume his deer will be happy. Jason was reminding me that we all should take care weather at home or out driving in the coming cold weather, protect the pipes, pets and plants, and keep a blanket and other safety items in your vehicle.

            We have bad weather coming this weekend and Monday, I think school is out Monday so the kids will not need to be out in the cold, as the temps are said to get down in the teens, for that one person, the teens are very cold.

            I might bring the kerosene heater to the garage for this weekend’s cold weather. The heater will help keep the garage warm where Molly is still staying and there are some plants in the garage that we do not want to freeze. We hope the electric heater in the so-called hot house will keep that temp above freezing. Speaking of hot house, I need to water the plants in the hot house tomorrow, ahead of the rain Friday and cold weather this weekend.

            Wow, I guess I need to get started, should I take a nap and rest up before I start the grueling work? We hope you have a good day, please stay safe and get ready for this weekend weather.

Weather; we have a bible study this Monday evening, and the cold weather will likely reduce the attendance. A lot of the attendees are senior citizens and the cold will… 

Pipes, pets, plants, and senior persons!

Senior ole person who might need to work today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: