Translate

Friday, January 26, 2024

January 26, 2024

            Morning from us to you, it is foggy outside this morning and sometimes it is foggy in my head. There is almost 3 inches of rain in the free rain gage. They are predicting a little more rain this afternoon.            At this time, I have no real plans for today, so I guess it will be another boring day indoors acting as if I am watching the TV. As you know I do spend time reading from the bible daily and recently I have been considering reading the fiction story I wrote a few years ago about how time started.

            Did the Don do anything yesterday: well, he did water the flowers in the so-called hot house. Would you believe that I had to wade water to get to the so-called hot house. All that rain and I still needed to water the flowers, never any rest for ole senior retired people.

            I was able to get Gabi, Alex and Dave home safely from school and work yesterday. When I arrived back home after dropping the kids off at their house, my favorite wife and I went to the George restaurant for an early supper. We try to get there early so we can get seated where we like to sit, and it is a good hour earlier than we normally eat supper. The food was good the service was also good and the frozen margarita was very good.

            I have noticed that none of you asked if I am feeling ok after the shingles shot. Thanks for being concerned for and ole senior retired person, and even though you did not ask, “I am feeling just fine”. 

I need to call the city of Hewitt today and see if they are going to have brush and bulk day tomorrow, (that is when we haul off the limbs) you know we did not get to go last Saturday due to the freezing cold weather. With the recent rain it may be too muddy for the vehicles.

I think my favorite grandson Alex is supposed to go camping this weekend. He is a boy scout and they do winter campouts that they refer to as the freeze camping. Sleeping in a tent out in the cold don’t sound like fun to an ole person. 

Our oldest son is planning to be here tomorrow, to celebrate his birthday, which is the 28th. I think he might be 33 years old again. We usually go out for lunch with the family for birthdays.

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a wonder filled day while staying safe.

Wanting warm and dry.

Senior ole person, “thankful for the rain but…”, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: