Translate

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

January 16, 2024

            Did you make it through yesterday ok? I think we did here at the Ford’s homestead, it was a boring day as the stuff on TV was less than interesting. It was too cold to even go outside, but I, being a silly ole person, did go out and move the trash can to the curb. While I was out there in the cold, I started the Ford’s ole Chevy and let it run for a while. Before that one person askes, I had a couple shirts on, a neck scarf, ear muffs, a hat, gloves, and a heavy jacket, and it was still too cold inside the truck. There is a bottle of water inside the vehicle and it was frozen.

            Later in the afternoon, I decided to go and get a cup of real coffee and hope that Dave got out of work on time. The coffee was hot and he did not get off on time. I drove back home.

The kids are going to school today, they start 2 hours later than usual due to the weather. I assume they get out on time.

Yesterday, late afternoon about 5:15pm the sun was shining. I could see the suns shine using the camera monitors, I assume there may have been a pretty sunset yesterday.

We did have our bible study last night and it was on Zoom. I had never used zoom before but it worked ok. The person who was talking would be seen in the large center screen and those who were not talking we could see them in the smaller screen across the top. We could hear everyone clearly.

Today; we plan to stay inside as much as possible, I will get Dave from work, if he gets off on time and I will get the kids from school. I do not plan to do any yard work today!

This is a very short posting, we hope everyone stays safe and warm today, and that the power stays on so we can all have heat.

Too long below freezing!

Senior ole person who could use a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: